We offer a variety of professional career opportunities at our corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado. Our corporate headquarters team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more about positions at our corporate office. Visit www.vailresortscareers.com
Summary of Job:
The Director of Talent Management is responsible for developing and executing the talent management strategy that elevates the employee experience and builds a robust leadership pipeline to drive growth and profitability at Vail Resorts. In this role, you will focus on utilizing talent insights and organization data to drive business outcomes, working to craft thoughtful and progressive talent management solutions to support our people and programs. The position will drive new behaviors and programs enterprise-wide which will support us as we continue to grow and scale. This role will develop, coordinate, and execute initiatives aligned with our Talent strategy. This will include involvement in a range of strategic initiatives including talent management processes such as performance management, goal setting, talent pools, succession planning, continuous listening and leadership development. This role will build and lead a high-performing team of 6 talent management professionals.
The most successful candidates have the following traits and competencies:
- Thinks strategically, applying business insights to formulate and drive Talent solutions that achieve organizational effectiveness.
- Makes informed decisions and measures the ROI of talent investments through the use of data and analytics.
- Proactive approach developing a robust talent, diverse pipeline for the future, able to design talent solutions at all levels of maturity.
- Confidence to have a strong point of view and express it even if it proves unpopular.
- An ability to build long-term, trusting relationships with cross functional partners.
- Supports the professional growth and development of employees across all levels of the organization.
- Champions the culture, while embracing regional and cultural differences in working styles.
- Strong learning agility. Enjoys and excels in environments where he/she must tackle and solve new and increasingly complex strategic business challenges and issues—incorporating the newest ideas, technologies, and approaches to business.
- A brave, ambitious, and passionate leader who is comfortable in his/her own skin while also demonstrating a high level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
- Lead all efforts related to strategy, design and delivery of integrated talent management programs/processes for the enterprise. Including;
- Enterprise Talent Management architecture, enabled by data-driven talent insights, connected across all touchpoints in our talent management system, process and tools.
- Leadership Attributes that define leadership potential for success at Vail Resorts, in order to elevate the overall leadership talent pipeline, today and for the future
- Leadership competencies to be differentiated by career stage to guide individual development priorities
- Objective assessment, process and tools to ensure development at scale to build a robust, diverse leadership pipeline
- Lead, coach and develop a growing team to build a highly efficient and data driven Talent Development team.
- Evaluate and support program best practices to ensure there is enterprise-wide adoption, knowledge sharing and consistency.
- Leads design and execution of best-in-class, inclusive Talent solutions, such as: Leadership Talent Review, Performance Management, Assessment and Selection, Talent Analytics, Engagement and Retention, Internal Talent Pools
- Designs effective and efficient communications to keep all stakeholders connected, informed, and on track with talent program solutions.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of Vail Resorts policies, code of ethics, mission, vision, and values.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred, not required.
- Minimum 10 years HR experience with 2 year’s high-level Talent Management or HR business partner experience.
- Experience defining talent program requirements and using data to inform processes and strategy preferred, not required
- Experience delivering cross functional projects and leveraging HR technology, program and/or project management
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment in decision-making
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Relationship management
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion awareness
- Detail-oriented with the ability to maintain composure under pressure and a professional and positive attitude.
- Strong organizational and time management skills necessary to manage multiple assignments in a rapidly changing environment
The budgeted range starts at $125,000 - $140,000 + annual bonus + equity. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents