Develop and execute strategy for booking priorities and determining talent producer assignments. Oversee all aspects of guest booking and producing for all ESPN platforms. Prioritize requests and drive guest booking across ESPN platforms in-house and on location to maximize resources, avoid duplication and provide the highest quality content. Manage, train and develop senior talent producers, talent producers and associate talent producers, including conducting annual performance evaluations.
- Ability to successfully develop and execute strategic plans.
- Develop guidelines to ensure consistency and protocols for screening and booking guests.
- Ensure talent producers are focusing on the content the guests can provide for platforms by providing context, questions, and available video support.
- Work with peers across all platforms to create streamlined communication to all outside guests.
- Strategically forecast and anticipate needs for guests based on upcoming seasons and numerous relevancy.
- Lead regular planning meetings and conference calls with talent producers across all ESPN offices.
- Provide consistent, clear and concise feedback to all talent producers.
- Develop senior level talent producers into potential managers of associate talent producers.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with SIDs, athletes, and PR professionals to help ensure the best cooperation possible with booking guests.
- Maintain extensive data on athletes, coaches, managers, team executives and celebrities, and their agents and contact information.
- Participate in daily editorial meetings to suggest story ideas and guest possibilities for all shows.
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with CPs, Producers to brainstorm story ideas, guest possibilities and solicit feedback.
- Establish talent producer involvement in all meetings, discussing all location productions to ensure communication and sharing of information across platforms.
- Develop systems that provide all ESPN entities with knowledge of guest opportunities.
- Continue to book daily shows as well as long-term projects.Create and maintain systems that will assist CPs and Producers where necessary to book us when talent producer is not immediately
- Ability to develop and execute strategic initiatives.
- Outstanding leadership, communication, and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain existing relationships and cultivate new ones.
- Deep knowledge of sports, sports culture, and sports/entertainment personalities.
- Familiarity with the overall media industry.
- Guest/talent booking experience.
- Ability to lead effectively and produce results in an atmosphere subject to frequent changes.
- Ability to prepare and submit story ideas/guest segments.
- Ability to react quickly and positively under a wide variety of sensitive, ambiguous, and changing production situations.
- Strong computer, search engine, internet search skills.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the broadcast industry and 2 years of management experience
- Experience as an ESPN Talent Producer
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- College Degree (in communications, journalism or related field preferred).