The Director of Talent & Performance management is responsible for creating the tools, systems, processes and capabilities within the organization to drive talent management and leadership development, ensuring the organization has the capability it needs to execute its' strategy & growth plans in the short and long term. Champions the disciplines of performance management, succession planning, talent assessment, coaching, development planning, and competency identification to develop leaders to meet the current and future business needs of Terumo. This position is also responsible for enhancing the organization's effectiveness through organization design and development activities.
- Design, develop and deploy a complete process for Performance & Talent management including, but not limited to:
- Organization Review process to ensure the organization has the capability to execute its' strategy and sustainably builds future capabilities
- Talent identification & development processes leveraging best practices in approach and delivery which has at its core the development of talent through experience.
- Calibration discussions and capabilities to drive common performance expectations and higher predictive validity of talent assessments
- Individual development planning and experiential development initiatives
- Multi-rater feedback and a common understanding of, and appreciation for, the entirety of the contributions made by associates
- Consult with business leaders to understand their leadership and management development needs for input and the appropriate sponsorship, engagement and alignment.
- Participate in and drive our learning & development strategy and tools, ensuring associates have opportunities to grow their capabilities
- Lead our performance management process and continuously evolve the process and tools as well as our managers' capabilities to develop credible coaching relationships with their associates
- Responsible for succession planning, early talent identification, pipelining and working in conjunction with talent acquisition to build or buy critical capabilities the business needs
- Develop the strategy and tactics, and lead the organization toward, the desired state of continuous learning throughout the organization
- Architecture the creation of an organization that seeks out, and effectively takes action based upon feedback
- Utilizing and maximizing current infrastructure and investments, identify and lead the acquisition and deployment of technology related to performance and talent management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Subject matter expertise in organizational development and learning and the ability to bring a pragmatic approach, along with critical knowledge and credible relationships, to facilitate adoption and results.
- Excellent coaching, communications, program and content development, collaboration, influencing and leadership skills.
- A high energy, collaborative leader who has a proven track record of building and implementing effective talent initiatives.
- Ability to innovate and challenge current norms to drive change in the organization and work with people of varying backgrounds and organizational levels.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business strategies into critical talent & workforce requirements.
- Ability to improve talent and performance management practices.
- The demonstrated ability to model a continuous learner mentality to the organization.
- Strong team player with experience building and sustaining relationships.
- Excellent communication, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to changing environment and shifting priorities.
Background & Relevant Experience
- Position requires a 4-year degree, though a Masters degree is preferable, in business, psychology or organization development or related field
- 15 years in Human Resources, Organization Development or similar experience with a minimum of 5 years' experience dealing with senior executives
- Demonstrated track record of success in strategy creation, adoption and then building out the systems and processes to support their execution
- 10 years progressively more responsible development program management experience