La Crosse, WI
Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
8 - 10 years
Posted 49 days ago
Marine Credit Union is a billion-dollar financial institution. They were founded 70 years ago with a mission to make a positive difference in people’s lives. MCU believes their members are more than a credit score and operate under the vision that people with financial challenges should be offered the same opportunities as others to build a better financial future for themselves. Marine Credit Union also supports the communities around them. They encourage the participation in local events individually and as a team. Through their charitable foundation, they donated $158,000 to 250+ local causes in 2017. Marine Credit Union’s core values are Accountability, Candor, Excellence, Integrity, and Teamwork. They are a growing organization with close to 500 employees, and they serve over 80,000 members with office locations in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa.
The Director, Talent Management is responsible for partnering with business leaders to orchestrate initiatives that foster employee engagement, maximize employee productivity, and drive exceptional business performance. This involves planning and implementing programs that align talent, culture, mission/values, and work processes with strategic priorities and business needs including job design, engagement survey administration, onboarding, training and development, team building, coaching, facilitation, and change management. This position reports to the CHRO and will have direct reports.
What Makes this a Great Opportunity:
• Work with people who are helping people, both internally and externally.
• Opportunity to make an impact and leave a legacy by creating new programs that positively affect employees.
• Ability to see the value in your work as you watch employees grow and succeed.
• Stability working for a company that is has been in business for decades.
• Work-life balance is valued.
• Plan and implement programs that align the talent, culture, and work processes with strategic priorities, short-term and long-term needs, and business outcomes. In consultation with executives and senior management, such programs may include project planning and program development, job and organizational structure design, coaching, facilitation or instruction, engagement survey design, and administration.
• Develop and track metrics to measure success.
• Design and implement programs for employee development, performance management, career planning, and other talent-related strategies to foster high levels of performance, engagement, and retention.
• Develop leadership competency models to drive employee and succession development efforts and to ensure the necessary capabilities and bench strength to meet business strategy and growth objectives.
• Analyze and determine development strategy that equips managers with the skills, knowledge, and capabilities required to effectively manage their people and lead their organizations.
• Manage the talent development processes for high potential development, including assessment, 360° feedback assessment, coaching, and succession planning.
• Develop strategic partnerships to identify and implement change management initiatives that foster learning and address corporate strategic goals and needs.
• Facilitate the adoption and acceptance of organizational change by developing and applying a structured approach involving risk assessments, change management planning, communications strategies, and implementation evaluation.
• Provide consultation to the development of adult-learning based curricula for training high performing sales and other talent.
• Negotiate and manage any third-party vendor contracting for talent management related services.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in organizational development, talent management, and training development & delivery. Keeps the team up-to-date with changes, trends, and insights related to same.
• Responsible for determining the content of New Hire Orientation by working with SMEs and leaders, who will also participate in the orientation.
• Demonstrate the company’s core and growth values in performance of all job functions.
• Regional travel to branches quarterly.
• 7-10 years or more of progressively responsible experience in all facets of organizational development and talent management.
• Experience managing large scale, whole system projects, as well as in selecting and evaluating external vendors if needed.
• Experience managing direct reports with demonstrated ability to mentor and develop success factors for continued growth.
• Advanced knowledge of performance management and competency-based systems development and implementation.
• Strong knowledge in broad range of HRD issues, including communication, conflict management, team building, employee engagement, diversity & inclusion, coaching, training, change management, organizational development, and leadership development.
• Experience with workforce planning and succession planning.
• Exceptional presentation, platform and facilitation skills.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to organize thoughts, communicate clearly, completely, and concisely.
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to dig deep into data to craft critical customer-focused objectives and then turn that insight into action to drive results.
• Strong negotiation, project/resource management and organizational skills, with the ability to consistently meet demanding deadlines.
• Strong consultative-focused relationship-building skills, with proven ability to effectively lead teams and advise C-level executives.
• Business Acumen to understand how the business runs to effectively support it and communicate with leaders.
• Understanding of Talent Acquisition and the recruiting process with the ability to assist with executive interviews.
• Strong skills in agility, along with the ability to pivot easily when directions and priorities change on short notice.
• Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Word).
Desired Experience and Traits:
• Experience using ADP HCM
• Familiarity with Cornerstone LMS
• Advanced knowledge and use of various training delivery systems, including self-paced, instructor led, and blended learning modalities.
• Bilingual in Spanish.
• Certification as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), and/or Professional in Learning & Performance (CPLP).
• Bachelor’s degree required in Human Resources Development, Industrial Psychology, Management, Organizational Development, or related field. Advanced degree is strongly preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Relocation assistance provided.