The Director of Talent & Leadership Development position is responsible for managing and supporting the assessment of organizational needs. This role will drive the design, implementation and evaluation of programs that facilitate the professional development and continuous learning of employees, executives and emerging leaders resulting in greater organizational effectiveness and significant added value to the company's strategic goals. Additionally, this position will perform in the role of advisor to design and deliver talent management solutions across the global enterprise requiring a high level of influence across many leadership levels, cultivating best practices and thought partnerships.
Driving Strategy and Results
- Designs and mentors Talent and Performance strategies and frameworks that are created with the employee experience and company values at the forefront.
- Responsible for the company's performance management programs, accelerating the growth of Driscoll's employees.
- Manages the talent review process, ensuring key metrics are captured.
- Owns the analytics of all subsequent assessment and development activities, evaluating the adequacy of the talent pool.
- Plays a key role in the coaching and development planning for key leadership talent.
- Recommends build or buy strategies for talent gaps.
- Oversees the design and development of new employee onboarding programs. Provides counseling to managers responsible for new employee onboarding and learning to enable early value add contributions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated skill in defining talent development initiatives in terms of strategic outcomes and measurable benefits to the business.
- Strong capability to leverage strengths in others (including those that do not formally report to this role).
- Ability to balance the need for global consistency with local customization, recognizing the value to each approach and finding common ground if there are differences.
- Strong passion for learning and staying at the forefront of the field to ensure strategies and platforms are leading the way and future focused. This includes understanding the systems and platforms that best align to company values, strategies and desired outcomes.
Operational Planning and Execution
- Partners with Global People Services HR COE to operationalize programs for scale; leverage existing systems (e.g. Workday, Cornerstone) to deploy, track and measure initiatives
- Work closely with Global People Services HRIS experts to collect and coordinate aggregate data for talent pool and translate data into insights through data analysis that drives action plans at the appropriate levels.
- Ensures effective methods of measurement, both quantitative and qualitative, of all talent development programs, benchmarks similar companies and/or programs for best practices to drive continuous improvement.
- Responsible for effective operation and running of all talent development programs and processes.
Partnership and Relationship Management
- The success of this role is highly dependent on effective influence through the fostering of trusting relationships with BU HR Leaders, business senior leadership teams and other key stakeholders to ensure global strategy alignment and foster a "One Driscoll's" talent mindset.
- Works in collaboration with Organizational Development BU specialists to ensure development initiatives are designed in line with business needs and deployed in a consistent manner in order to fully leverage scale and ensure consistent application of learning and development initiatives and seamless implementation of integrated talent solutions throughout the company.
- Ensures fluid and transparent communication and feedback between the Talent Development team and key stakeholders.
Vendor and Budget Management
- Responsible for effectively managing a range of internal and external partnerships and vendors.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of talent & leadership development budgets and plans.
- Defines cost goals and objectives and manages assigned resources efficiently and effectively.
SUCCESS METRICS (a non-exhaustive list)
Succession Pipeline & High Potentials
- Measure positions filled by succession candidates, prioritizing the most critical roles.
- Ensure that there is enough talent in the pipeline to handle a variety of contingencies.
- Document and measure the implementation of key portions of the succession plan.
- Develop and track business outcome metrics in units managed by succession candidates
- Know the degree to which managers are held accountable for succession planning. Develop programs that hold Managers responsible for making sure talent is in the pipeline and for developing that talent.
Talent Mobility (by talent category)
- Ensure internal mobility is maximized to prevent external mobility.
- Use demographic variables in to devise better talent strategies.
Time to full productivity per FTE
- Define and drive the effectiveness of Driscoll's onboarding.
- Measure efforts to inboard, when employees change positions, get promoted or move to a different location.
- 12+ years of experience in talent functions (which may include HR Business Partner Roles)
- 5+ years of experience in:
- Working directly with senior leaders
- Adult learning and development principles
- A position requiring strong multi-tasking ability
- A complex global organization
- MA/MS in Organizational Development, Educational Leadership or Organizational Psychology
- Additional 5+ years strategic HR/Talent Management or Organizational Development