The Director, Talent will be responsible for leading Kenco’s recruiting efforts by providing leadership to a strong Talent Acquisition team who are responsible for creatively sourcing, evaluating, and securing top talent for the organization and maintaining an external pipeline of diverse talent. The Director, Talent will also be responsible for assessment evaluation, and for all Sr. Director and above recruiting, up to and including C Level and Sr. Level Executives, which includes supporting strategically aligned initiatives such as Diversity & Inclusion and Succession Planning. The successful candidate will have a solution focused mindset, professional presence, nimbleness, and flexibility required to successfully interface with executives, as both clients and candidates. The successful candidate will be highly influential in advising leaders on best practices and strategies related to leadership talent.
- Direct exposure to collaborate and drive the building of critical talent pipelines with the highest levels of stakeholders within Kenco (VP / SVP / C level)
- Partner with human resources, business leaders and hiring managers on executive talent initiatives at the Senior Director and Vice-President and above levels
- Consistent performance of delivering high-quality stakeholder and candidate experience
- Develop and maintain relationships with external search partners
- Establish and implement executive research and sourcing strategies ensuring diverse applicant pools and candidate slates
- Lead executive recruitment and assessment efforts for talent searches and bench strength initiatives to include pre-planning, interviews, and assessments, and debrief final selection. Participates in the interview process, both during the screening and final selection phases, and brings external benchmark and internal assessment data to the debrief process - ensuring the most qualified candidate is selected
- Partners with Compensation team to develop and communicate competitive compensation package to final candidates, considering the external market, internal equity, and skills and experiences brought to the role
- Partners with L&D on the creation and evaluation of role-based assessments.
- Provides advice and counsel to human resources and business unit leaders on the implications of talent selection strategies and choices on business results
- Tracks and monitors effectiveness of each talent initiative and provides information to human resources and business leaders
- Lead a strong talent acquisition function and own all recruitment-related strategies and activities.
- Refine functional tracking tools and systems to support the effective collection, integration, and sharing of information to support the broader recruitment needs of the organization.
- Serve as a true business partner to Kenco leaders, hiring managers, and HR business partners in all areas related to talent identification and selection
- Ensure that the organization emphasizes and communicates its employee value proposition to retain talent and attract future talent through employment branding and digital strategy efforts
- Utilizes and builds TA dashboard, metrics and reports to diagnose and understand return on investments
Qualifications – Core Competencies
- A progressive view on HR, transparency, and a commitment to results that foster a modern, enjoyable and productive work experience for all employees
- Embraces working in a high-growth mode with a positive, flexible, problem-solving approach and perseverance despite obstacles and ambiguity.
- Excellent communication skills and executive presence to interact effectively with senior leadership. You are a relationship builder, providing candid feedback with compassion, and influencing through expertise and business acumen.
- Maintains high levels of personal and professional integrity, and acts as a role model who promotes core values, integrity, and accountability throughout the organization.
- Expertise with private and established company rewards strategies
Optimal Experience and Skills
- 10+ years of experience in Talent Acquisition in a variety of roles across candidate lifecycle (employer branding, sourcing, interviewing, hiring, reporting, on-boarding, etc.)
- 5+ years’ experience in executive level, complex and sensitive searches.
- Proven ability to build trust-based relationships with leadership at all levels/units across the organization, as well as externally
- 7 years’ experience in leading and growing talent acquisition teams
- Commitment to coaching, creating opportunities and skill-building of team members
- 5 years utilizing people analytics & people systems to track progress, glean insights and make improvements.
- Able to make decisions; comfort in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset – proactive, persistent, collaborative, and excited to tackle a wide range of new topics, with varying levels of guidance - and a willingness to flexibly
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)