ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for someone who can quickly onboard to Old Navy – understanding & connecting with the Gap Inc. and Old Navy business strategies and can identify what’s capability development and deployment is needed to drive a high-performing workforce, specifically across all ON Headquarter Functions. By providing talent development expertise, this role unleashes leadership potential that enables our talent strategies and practices. This Talent Development leader builds strategic partnerships across HR partners, brand and functional leaders and other Gap Inc. partners to develop and execute high-impact talent strategies. As strategies are executed, this role needs a well-organized hands-on Program Leader, with Coaching DNA, who thrives in a work-hard environment, holds accountability for several multi-phase projects at once, and rolls their sleeves up alongside their team. They continuously partner with the key business leader(s), other HR team members, and subject matter experts to enhance our overall learning strategy, deliver sustainable and impactful development experiences, and drive continuous improvement of the learning function.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Leadership: Own and execute the day to day management of learning staff including motivating, coaching, and growing direct reports. Manage the creation of business requirements, project plans/specifications, research and business case development. Provide oversight/input into the design, development, implementation and management of targeted programs or other general projects.
- Consulting: Partner with HR and business leaders to identify, develop, and implement solutions targeting employee development and overall talent management solutions (identify, select, develop, engage, and retain).
- Coach: Advise, consult and coach leaders to build talent development capabilities to grow their teams and achieve specific business outcomes.
- Strategize: Drive the strategy and roadmap aligning leadership, learning and talent development priorities and needs across Experience.
- Develop Content: Design, develop and facilitate multi-platform content to support targeted learning and behavioral change using best practices in learning theory, learning technology, change management and communication (e.g. micro-learning, peer learning, action learning, blended solutions, learning portal management, toolkits, and marketing campaigns.
- Facilitation: Deliver quality training programs and development experiences through various platforms and methodologies.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a proven track record of experience in client-facing roles, developing large-scale training strategies with experience directly leading a team
- You have delivered learning in a highly distributed environment, retail experience is desirable
- You thrive in working with creative teams that bring innovative products to life
- You are a continuous learner and possess an organizational savviness to build relationships across the company, understand the business needs and deliver results
- You can create with audacity, using your technical experience in adult learning theory and/or instructional design and leadership development
- You have a solid facilitation and coaching acumen, with strong diagnostic skills in listening, probing and analyzing to translate business demands into development solutions
- You have had experience with diversity and inclusion training design and delivery
- Certifications in DiSC, EQ, SLII, and other learning, change management, and coaching methodologies are a plus
- You have a strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and knowledge with e-learning tools such as Articulate is a plus