As the Director of Talent and Performance Management, in partnership with Talent Development, Business Operations and Compensation teams, you will lead the cross-functional effort of delivering a Performance System that is transparent, well understood and motivating for our employees. We want to design a system that is broader than a performance management process. We have stated that our performance culture is in continuous pursuit of attracting, developing, retaining and enabling top talent to do the best work of their lives.
The journey began a few years back as we shifted from year-end discussions to year-round conversations between managers and employees and have continued to evolve, test and deliver changes to our system aligned with business objectives and employee success. There is still so much great work that lies ahead - our purpose is grand: we want to maximize the potential of our employees to accelerate business growth. You will lead, develop and inspire a team of professionals (both direct reports and partners) to help define the strategy with greater clarity and then define and deliver on priorities with excellence. Underpinning our success will be a worldwide performance system that honors and inspires a growth mindset with transparency and simplicity while holding a high bar for talent. It must be aligned to our strategy and culture of treating all with dignity and respect. In addition, it must reinforce what we expect our employees to deliver, and how we expect them to deliver – through our values, through their craft, and through our core Innovation capabilities.
We know success will come through deep partnership and sponsorship from leaders across Intuit, and your ability to engage and work boundary-lessly throughout the organization will be essential. Lastly, core to success in this role will be excellence in global change management and collaborating with functional peers to ensure our People Managers are highly capable in all aspects of managing performance.
Intuit's commitment to our employees is to deliver against a set of customer (employee) benefits, which include making an impact, the opportunity to learn, grow, and feel connected. Our company exists to power prosperity around the world and this role is responsible for areas that are critical to how our employees contribute to this mission and what they gain from working at Intuit.
Lead the development and deployment of an end-to-end process and roadmap for Talent and Performance Management including, but not limited to:
- Lead a mission-based (cross-functional) team accountable to deliver annual company input goals related to performance and talent management by leading changes and improvements in processes, content and technology
- Lead and apply excellence in change management for company-wide change initiatives related to performance and talent management
- Architect the creation of team that deeply understands customer (employee) needs and effectively takes action on data-driven customer (employee) insights to maximizing the potential of our people
- Drive common performance expectations and higher predictive validity of talent assessments by leverage leading best practices and in-house experimentation to identify and assess talent
- Establish consistent Organization Review processes to ensure the organization has the capability to execute its strategy and build future capabilities aligned with business direction
- Participate in company 3 year business planning and 1 year objectives and connect this company effort to the individual employee goals and performance system
- Partner with Talent Development, Talent Acquisition and People Analytics teams to understand where we have talent depth and talent gaps and how do we jointly address through buy, build or rent approach
- Utilize current infrastructure and investments, and also identify and lead the acquisition and deployment of technology related to performance and talent management.
- Strategic thinker and communicator
- Define strategy and vision, short / long-term, fueled by insights (employee pain points, learning from testing and proven market practices)
- Superb ability to communicate with, and influence, leaders at all levels – including SVP/EVP
- Ability to innovate with partners (internally and externally) and deliver outcomes end-to-end at scale
- Own the "Performance System" outcomes, i.e. ongoing ownership/management of the system with functional peers, assess system relative to intended goals, measures and define priorities to improve
- Systems thinker that builds high-performing partnerships with partners and vendors
- Can effectively lead complex x-functional projects, creating shared outcomes across org boundaries
- Familiarity with iterative, design-thinking, customer-fueled approaches
- Experience driving change and delivering at scale, globally with proven success
- Expert Knowledge specific to the role
- Deep domain expert of Performance systems (including ratings, promotions, mobility, talent reviews, year-round goals and conversations, feedback, year-end) with 10+ years' experience
- Knowledgeable in connecting performance to all aspects of pay
- Knowledgeable in the areas of workforce planning, succession planning, assessments and strategic talent planning
- Knowledge of neuroscience and application in organizational environments
- Ability to build teams and others
- Superb ability to assess, hire, develop talent and grow careers of others
- Track record of creating, fostering high performance, high commitment team culture
- Proven success of delivering high impact outcomes through others