Yelp's Director of Talent Acquisition will be responsible for all recruiting activities in support of our G&A and Sales organizations while collaborating with the Engineering recruiting team.
We believe recruiting should be a company-wide effort, candidate experience comes first, and that hiring should be based on relationships and not transactions. Each member of our team is invested in telling our company's story, building our brand, and establishing new processes that challenge the traditional and often dated methods of recruiting.
We also believe that talent acquisition is front and center of our efforts to build a diverse and inclusive workplace and creating a culture of belonging, driving collective responsibility across the organization. Our commitment to these principles infuses all we do, and our team leads by example.
You will be responsible for developing and refining talent strategies for our business partners, including employment branding, talent channel development, candidate engagement and assessment as well as metrics and analytics. You will be a transformative leader focused on driving innovation and operational efficiencies within the talent organization. You will oversee recruitment operations, high volume sales, enterprise sales and G&A recruitment.
This role demands exceptional leadership, professionalism, high EQ and the ability to influence and adapt to a dynamic business and marketplace. You will report to the SVP of People Operations.
You are a dynamic and strategic leader of Talent Acquisition committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. You have a successful and consistent track record in collaborating with business partners to deliver the next generation of contributors and leaders. You have a passion for transforming data into meaningful productivity and recruitment metrics. You thrive and excel working in a fast paced and flexible environment where you can leverage your experience in creating, implementing and driving programs and recruitment strategy. You are known to build and mentor a diverse and dispersed team of dynamic and successful G&A and sales (high volume and strategic) recruiters.
Where you come in:
- Lead by example across the People Ops team and broader business. Demonstrate your commitment to collaboration and creating the highest performing, diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Develop, implement and refine recruiting strategies to attract and hire top quality talent for Yelp with a commitment to diverse hiring practices
- Lead, manage and develop the talent acquisition team, building out the team to achieve the company's recruiting priorities and driving a high level of performance
- Be a creative thinker tasked with building innovative programs from the ground up in highly competitive markets and/or regions with low awareness of the Yelp brand
- Develop and lead through comprehensive recruiting metrics measuring OKRs
- Develop strong working relationships and partnerships with your stakeholders and peers
- Consistently exhibit the Yelp values in all that you do
- Question the status quo and pioneer practices to improve process, realize efficiencies and drive effectiveness
- Develop strong working relationships and partnerships with internal departments and stakeholders
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Partner with Diversity & Inclusion to drive D&I strategy, initiatives and metrics
- Build long term strategies to increase our employment brand
- Manage the recruiting budget, vendors and all associated recruiting expenses
- Build trust, credibility and establish relationships with hiring managers and senior leadership to understand their hiring and business needs, challenges and business objectives
- Responsible for all recruiting tools and platforms
- Support global best practices, including legal requirements
- Develop sourcing strategies through a variety of channels including the use of social media platforms, events and vendor relationships
What it takes to succeed:
- Proven people management and leadership skills: you know how to build, mentor and grow a team of world-class recruiters across multiple functional areas
- Commitment to excellence and positive attitude
- Ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of diversity and inclusion with direct experience influencing and building cultures of belonging
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and analysis
- Experience working in a high-tech and entrepreneurial environment where you have helped roll out and champion global TA processes
- Curiosity and drive to effectively partner with leaders across the business, but particularly in sales, tech, marketing and content
- Excellent communication and cultural awareness skills
- Ability to build and drive performance driven culture across TA
- Proven track record building global diverse recruiting channels and programs
- Demonstrated ability to apply strategic thinking, yet focused on execution and can get into the tactical when required
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum 8 years HR/TA experience Experience with managing and implementing recruiting tools and platforms
- Strong knowledge of current trends, innovations and best practices in global talent acquisition
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Technology experience and aptitude (Excel, PowerPoint, Workday, ATS, Glassdoor, and LinkedIn)
What You'll Get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO and 11 paid holidays (per year)
- 6 weeks paid parental leave plus up to 6 weeks paid pregnancy disability leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Access to fully stocked Yelp kitchens
- Flexible spending account
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan