Director, Talent Acquisition
With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Job Title: Director, Talent Acquisition
Reports to: VP, Talent Acquisition and Mobility
A little bit about our team and this role:
We are recruiting for a fantastic opportunity- - Director of Talent Acquisition, based in our NY headquarters! Are you passionate about partnering with the business and mentoring and coaching an amazing talent team to drive strategies to attract, engage and hire the very best talent? In this key role, you will partner with the VP, Talent Acquisition and Mobility in overseeing the development of US-focused strategies, programs, processes and capabilities that enable WMG to attract, assess, hire and onboard the best people. This role will focus primarily on partnering with our east coast businesses: NY, Nashville and Miami, and also directs our student programs. You will partner with business leaders and HR partners to create amazing candidate and hiring manager experiences reflective of WMG’s values, vision and our employee value proposition. You will be a true team player and thought leader, advising and collaborating on talent acquisition matters to help hire and onboard the very best talent.
- Partner with the VP to develop and deliver a flexible recruiting strategy that meets the current and future needs of the business
- Coach, mentor, develop and engage Talent Acquisition team members to inspire top performance
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and business leaders to align activities with the needs of the business
- Lead several key Talent-related projects across multiple workstreams
- Educate and influence stakeholders via data and market insights to consider alternative models, approaches and technologies to enhance candidate sourcing and execution of recruiting practices and capabilities
- Ensure technology and brand efforts are optimized to enhance talent attraction for WMG
- Partner with the VP to lead the development and execution of programs and practices that enable the attraction, assessment, selection, hiring and onboarding of talent at multiple levels
- Train and coach hiring managers on best practices to recruit, hire and engage top talent
- Develop targeted metrics to measure the performance of the Talent Acquisition team members
- Direct the US student programs, and build relationships with key partner, universities and stakeholders
- Develop policies, programs and approaches to recruiting and managing our contingency workforce
- Oversee the selection and relationship management with key vendor partners and providers
- Lead recruitment efforts for key positions on an as-needed basis. Proactively address roles that are taking longer than expected to fill and/or have nebulous hiring expectations
- Lead efforts to build a diverse pipeline of top talent
- Partner with Legal team on select issues and compliance needs
- Manage and triage executive referrals within the business
- Support the VP on other key ad hoc projects as assigned
Our top candidate will have:
- A high level of emotional intelligence and awareness
- Strong leadership experience that serves as a role model for the business, also including humility and vulnerability as a leader
- Possess a strong data and analytics-oriented mindset with experience in leveraging data to “tell a story”
- Excitement about partnering with multiple stakeholders across the business to drive our talent acquisition strategies
- Experience executing strategic talent acquisition initiatives while addressing the day to day operational needs and challenges
- Experience building employment brand strategies and using digital and social platforms for talent acquisition efforts
- Experience managing the performance of others. Strong leadership qualities and skills with the ability to build trust, motivate and inspire team members.
- Demonstrated track record in developing and implementing best practices and metrics to measure team performance
- Demonstrated knowledge of best-in-class recruiting practices and tools
- Strong listening skills and influencing skills
- Hands-on experience to deliver practical and effective solutions
- Strong time management and prioritization/organizational skills for self and team members
- High level of positive energy and enthusiasm
- Outstanding technology skills, with Workday experience being preferred
- Executive presence and strong communication skills
- Data-driven approach to assessing and managing the function and capabilities of a Talent organization
- Sense of urgency, can do attitude with a focus on continuous improvement
- Self-directed and able to work autonomously
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a Talent Acquisition leadership capacity. Additional HR experience as an HR Business Partner or in a related capacity is a plus.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent required; preferably in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business or a related field
- Masters/graduate degree or equivalent desirable
- PHR or SPHR certification or equivalent preferred
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music to