The Director of Talent Acquisition leads LeagueApps' recruitment function and oversees a team of recruiters who recruit, screen, interview, and partner with hiring managers to rapidly scale the business. The team recruits and hires highly skilled team members who exemplify LeagueApps’ SPORTSDOG values.
Born and bred in New York City, LeagueApps is the operating system and community for youth and local sports leaders—providing them with the technology and professional network they need to succeed. A fast-growing, venture-backed company, we power thousands of clubs, tournaments, leagues, camps, and facilities with a platform that reaches more than 10 million participants nationwide.
We’re committed to our mission—creating amazing sports experiences for all. Through our FundPlay program, we donate a percentage of every dollar spent on our platform back to the communities and families that need it. Our goal is to impact 500,000 underserved athletes by 2022. Beyond FundPlay, we advocate for accessibility and equity through PLAYS, a movement we helped launch and lead to mobilize the industry in spring 2020, and by creating awareness around the systemic issues that keep kids on the bench. (You can listen to our President discussing this during a recent event with Axios as part of their Hard Truths Deep Dives content series.)
Last year, we were ranked on Deloitte’s Fast 500, were recognized by Hashtag Sports for our industry leadership in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and named a “Best Employer in Sport” by Front Office Sports and BuiltIn NYC. We’re looking for team members who want to be part of building the greatest local sports company in the world.
Leads and continuously improves the end-to-end recruiting / talent acquisition process.
- Directly recruit high value candidates while also driving placements a team of internal and external resources
- Approves initial job descriptions and job postings while ensuring compensation for jobs are properly benchmarked, approvals are secured.
- Oversees the process of candidate screening and scheduling of interviews.
- Ensures ATS (Greenhouse) data integrity by developing a concise dispositioning process.
- Ensures reference and background checks are thorough. Collaborates with hiring managers to make hiring recommendations.
- Approves offers or rejections. Works with staffing agencies as appropriate.
- Uses data and analytics to continually improve the process and the caliber of candidates applying. Ensures processes are efficient, effective and legally compliant.
- Leads the annual strategic plan for Talent Acquisition focusing on innovation to attract highly skilled candidates and to provide superior candidate experiences.
- Leads L&D for training for hiring managers and for recruiters
- Plans budgets and manages expenses to ensure budget attainment
- Develops OKRs and KPIs for Talent Acquisition and consistently achieves these. Provides management reports as appropriate
- Develop and oversee a talent acquisition marketing strategy that generates a pipeline of qualified candidates leveraging our website, social media, partnerships, and events
- Leads initiatives to hire a diverse workforce. Focuses initially on developing diverse slates and using data to improve
- Role model our SPORTSDOG values and hire highly skilled and qualified team members who exemplify these values.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the recruiting and technical recruiting principles with at least 10 years of recruiting experience in a SaaS environment
- Demonstrable experiences using data to improve processes and decision making
- Experience building and leading a team
- Series B Startup experience is preferred.
- Experience driving DE&I initiatives related to talent acquisition is preferred.
Requires a bachelor's degree.
HR certification is preferred.
Working at LeagueApps:
- Equity Grants
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Parental leave coverage
- We'll pay for your sports leagues (and your kids sports leagues)!
- Cell Phone and Gym Subsidies, Citibike, and discounted gym memberships
- Culture and work environment that emphasizes teamwork, passion, learning, and fun. Follow us on Instagram to see for yourself.
- Social impact opportunities through our FundPlay initiative that includes events, volunteering, and grant-making