The Jackson Laboratory is hiring for a Director of Talent Acquisition within our HR Team. This position directs the talent acquisition function for The Jackson Laboratory (JAX) across all campuses in the various states and countries in which JAX operates. The Director of TA will apply innovative thought leadership and creativity to develop a world-class recruitment program that differentiates our hiring practices and candidate experience and enables JAX to scale effectively. Manages and inspires a talented team of recruiters to enable them to meet and exceed JAX’s hiring objectives. The Director of TA will lead operations to develop initiatives that tailor to each area of the organization. Will serve as the champion of candidate experience and focus on building an employer brand that will enable us to attract and retain talented and diverse candidates.
- Develops and executes strategic recruitment and employment programs for The Jackson Laboratory (JAX) across all campuses in the various states and countries in which JAX operates.
- Develops and drives a robust diversity recruitment strategy in alignment with organizational objectives around diversity, equity, and inclusion; establishes partnerships, sourcing, events and marketing to attract and hire a broad range of underrepresented talent communities.
- Works with HR leadership team, HR Business Partners, and the Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to develop workforce plans that reflect current and future hiring needs and skillsets.
- Empowers, guides and supports a team of recruiters to create and execute innovative hiring strategies that ensure a high-touch candidate experience.
- Develops, directs, and monitors expense budget for Talent Acquisition.
- Drives continuous improvement to develop and deliver effective, cost efficient and “best practice” recruitment strategies.
- Leads the development, implementation and maintenance of employment and recruitment policies.
- Collaborates with the Strategic Communications team in developing and promoting JAX’s employer brand and value proposition to candidates.
- Enhances social media and digital marketing strategies to engage with top talent.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal labor laws and regulations.
- Establishes, cultivates, and maintains ongoing relationships with divisional and department management in order to better understand business units, workforce planning and recruitment needs.
- Collaborates with HRIS leadership to ensure appropriate oversight of the organization’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS) ensuring all required data is consistently entered, tracked, maintained, and reported in accordance with all state and federal EEOC, AA and other reporting agencies.
- Provides meaningful, accurate and business-oriented metrics and data that enables senior leadership to assess the effectiveness and ability of the talent acquisition strategy to deliver on business outcomes.
- Develops and executes an early career recruitment program including university sourcing, internship programs, and career fairs.
- Directly manages key strategic and executive hiring.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or a related field
- 10 years of recruitment experience with a minimum of five years in a management role overseeing the recruitment function in a large matrix organization required, preferably in life sciences, pharmaceuticals, or healthcare
- Proven success in managing and leveraging the Workday’s Talent Acquisition platform strongly preferred
- Strong commitment to define and deliver diversity and inclusion strategies
- Knowledge of employment related regulations including, but not limited to, EEO, ADA, OFCCP, and AAP
- In depth and current knowledge and ability to interpret and apply state and federal labor laws
- Demonstrated success in the development and execution of a recruitment strategy that aligns to business objectives
- High level of emotional intelligence and ability to effectively lead others, develop consensus among those holding disparate opinions, and work effectively with individuals and groups made up of people representing a diversity of roles and responsibilities
- Ability to organize, manager and monitor multiple projects to successful completion, adapting to shifting priorities in a high-pressure environment
- Proven experience successfully scaling recruiting practices in high-growth environments
- Strong analytical skills and proven track-record of making data-driven decisions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to present information persuasively and influence decisions
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, and Teams
- Ability to develop budgets and exercise good fiscal management
The Jackson Laboratory (JAX) is an independent, nonprofit biomedical research institution with more than 2,300 employees. Headquartered in Bar Harbor, Maine, it has a National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center in Augusta, Maine, a genomic medicine institute in Farmington, Connecticut, and facilities in Ellsworth, Maine, Sacramento, California, and Shanghai, China. Its mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health.
The Jackson Laboratory's 43-acre scenic Bar Harbor campus is nestled between the Gulf of Maine and the mountains of Acadia National Park. Some of the best hiking and biking in the world (over 50 square miles of mountains, lakes, views, and dramatic coastline) is accessible from our campus. We are one mile from downtown Bar Harbor, which offers a vibrant downtown district with a plethora of restaurants, shops, museums, and galleries.
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven, and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients’ lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging, and heart disease. JAX was voted among the top 15 “Best Places to Work in Academia” in the United States in a poll conducted by The Scientist magazine!