The Director of Talent Acquisition, reporting to the VP of HR, will develop and implement our talent acquisition strategy to support rapid and significant growth over the next few years, strengthen the talent acquisition model and programs, ensure we have employer brand programs, and manage and scale the team to deliver on current and planned hiring needs. This will focus on building a recruiting & staffing model that scale with growth including implementing systems and tools to support a growing, geographically dispersed, recruiting team.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Design, implement and deliver, in partnership with internal clients, an effective recruiting strategy to source and attract the highest caliber talent to support our company strategy, as well as current and future growth, including management of our employer brand.
- Build strong, credible relationships with senior leaders, hiring managers, critical stakeholders and partners, operating as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert
- Attract, develop and retain a highly effective team of in house recruiting professionals, in addition to identifying and maintaining relationships with agencies and retained search firms, when needed
- Develop and implement workforce plans, refine hiring forecasting capabilities, and establish and report on key recruiting metrics to measure team effectiveness and provide consumable metrics and actionable insights to hiring managers and leadership
- Evaluate and implement tools and systems necessary to build a scalable recruiting model
- Own, manage and optimize applicant tracking system (Jobvite) including data hygiene & training
- Deploy innovative sourcing and candidate engagement tactics including employee referrals
- Create and deliver an extraordinary candidate and new hire experience
- Own and drive our diversity and employer brand initiatives
- Design and implement data driven model to assess and track effectiveness of hires
The Successful Candidate will need:
- Demonstrated success leading a recruiting function in a fast-growth technology company. Prior start up experience a plus.
- 8+ years of progressive recruiting experience with 3+ years of team management, building and optimizing recruiting function.
- Proven success in assessing local talent market across industries and strategies to win.
- Results driven self-starter: Takes initiative and consistently delivers results of the highest quality, personally and through his/her staff, take accountability for one's work, has a sense of urgency, overcomes hurdles and ensures that results are delivered.
- Analytical: Must be data-driven. Ability to define, generate and continuously analyze accurate metrics to provide actionable insights to the leadership.
- Flexible and versatile: Able and willing to roll up one's sleeves and do what it takes to deliver results; willing to handle both routine tasks and be an agile learner taking on new responsibilities that challenge and exceed what the person has previously done.
- Customer service orientation: Provides excellent customer service to internal clients, being responsive to needs, effectively managing expectations, and also facilitating self-sufficiency in others, where possible. Also, cultivates external constituencies to include applicants, potential applicants, community and on-line sources of talent.
- Business savvy: Learns the core elements of the business, how the organization works, functional and position specifics to ensure effectiveness across the firm.
- Technology proficiency: Social media savvy, especially as pertains to sourcing of talent. Applicant Tracking System (Jobvite) experience required.
- Solid understanding of employer branding best practices.
- Working knowledge of applicable employment laws, policies and ability to partner effectively with internal stakeholders (HR, Finance & Legal).
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources or equivalent professional experience preferred.