At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
The Director, Talent Acquisition is a net new position and plays a critical role in achieving Canopy’s growth aspirations. This is a terrific opportunity to lead our Global Talent Acquisition team in a fast paced and growing company. This is both a strategic and a hands-on role. As a player-coach, you will build, evolve, lead and grow an existing team, oversee the development and refinement of talent acquisition infrastructure to drive forward continuous improvement, optimize technology and leverage your deep talent acquisition expertise and experience as the senior most strategic business partner and strong thought leader for the organization. You will develop and deliver a comprehensive Talent Acquisition Strategy and multi-year roadmap that ensures the organization has the right talent in the right roles to drive future growth.
- Accountable for the results of the Talent Acquisition area
- Develop and execute the global talent acquisition strategy and the multi-year roadmap. Provide input to the Vice President Talent Management from a talent acquisition standpoint to feed into overall HR strategic plan and strategy
- Build and evolve Talent Acquisition organizational structure, and lead, coach and develop a team of talent acquisition professionals and continue to build and scale our global recruiting function
- Act as the most senior Talent Acquisition lead and strategic partner in HR and cross-functional initiatives
- Hands-on recruitment for senior, high-complexity, high-impact or niche roles
- Oversee the creation and implementation of a consistent and positive candidate and hiring manager experience across all stages of the process
- Lead the consultation of partnering with functional leaders to identify and forecast global hiring needs based on business growth plans; create a proactive plan to capture and support future needs
- Accountable for external vendors and contracts. Manage our external partnerships and oversee the creation of strategic alliances with search firms, professional associations, job boards, HR software vendors, universities/colleges to creatively source and build a global talent candidate pipeline.
- Oversee the establishment of metrics, reporting and analytics through creation of a robust dashboard to measure talent acquisition performance and ROI of recruitment efforts and oversee proactive identification of opportunities for improvement
- Oversee and ensure Talent Acquisition team maintain a pulse on the market and adapt processes and approach to respond to emerging recruitment trends
- Develop a holistic employer brand proposition that resonates with candidates and oversee the development of a multi-channel approach for sourcing candidates looking to make their career a reality at Canopy Growth
- Champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization through our recruitment practices
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; a degree or Certificate in Human Resources is preferred
- Minimum 7 years of progressive Talent Acquisition experience, with 5-7 years of experience leading a team of TA professionals
- Global Talent Acquisition experience; CPG experience an asset
- Proven work experience in the successful development and implementation of scalable global talent acquisition strategy and roadmap, processes and programs, which balance both strategy and execution.
- High degree of agility and experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where processes and systems are still developing.
- Comfort navigating ambiguity and managing in a matrixed structure
- Strong leadership skills, managing and coaching a team and collaborating and influencing cross-functionally.
- Hands-on leader who can operate strategically and tactically when needed to deliver results
- Proven experience developing KPIs, monitoring metrics through building reporting dashboards and translating data into insights with pro-active action plans
- Expertise and proven success record of recruiting for senior, high-complexity, high-impact or niche roles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to foster strong relationships with internal teams, external partners and candidates.
This is a full-time role based out of Toronto, Kanata or Smiths Falls, Ontario.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.