The candidate will have a track record of successful medical product launches with experience in implementing improvements throughout product life-cycles. Experience with both internal and external development partners is highly desirable.
You will be responsible for providing technical direction and oversight for various products core to the MMS business as well as leading and managing systems engineering personnel involved in our core infusion and medication dispensing product lines regarding new product development. A key aspect of this position is to work cross-functionally to drive improvements to address new customer needs, quality improvements, and life cycle management. Clear, concise, and effective communication is a must for the successful candidate.
In addition you will be responsible for professional growth and development of Systems associates. As a leader in the organization you are expected to instill a culture of technical excellence in all phases of development by aggressively challenging and motivating technical teams.
Define and execute systems engineering department organizational development strategies to yield a “best in class” systems engineering team which meets the business needs related to:
- Systems architecture, Requirements management, Integration, and Design transfer
- Applying of best practices in design, analysis, simulation, integration & test, including Design Controls, Product Lifecycle Management, Configuration Management, Phase Reviews
- Establishing procedures to be followed to meet program completion dates as planned
- Acting as technical leader, and assisting others in the solution of complex problems involving diverse areas of various technical disciplines.
- Directing others who devise applications of engineering technology to solve problems.
- Evaluating and select optimum design alternatives.
- Determining technical and cost feasibility of projects; and preparing proposals for new business with assistance from subordinates.
- Serving as consultant to top management in establishing long range goals and preparing proposals for new business.
- Assuring effective liaison with other functions and departments to obtain all cooperation and supportrequired for the success of assigned programs.
- Reviewing job performance of subordinates and personnel assigned to program; ensure assignments are given according to individual capabilities and promotions, transfers, terminations, compensation change are acted upon where warranted.
- Developing and utilizing talents of assigned personnel to best accomplish company goals.
Position reports to: Senior Director of Engineering, with responsibility for 8 - 16 Systems Engineers of various levels of experience
A Bachelor’s degree in engineering. Advanced degree strongly preferred, with 10 or more years of directly related experience with proficiency in the following areas:.
- Exceptional communications skills with the ability to dialog with cross-functional colleagues to provide technical assessment of risk and opportunity costs
- Experience in the design and development of medical device systems or other FDA regulated products.
- Strong working knowledge of current safety and regulatory standards for medical devices
- Experience working with global teams and with external development partners
Job ID R-331968