The Director assumes 24-hour responsibility and accountability for nursing care for Post-surgical unit at Trident Medical Center. The Director assumes responsibility for care of patients as they move through the hospital and into the home or other care facilities. Provides leadership and support to the unit using leadership skills to ensure best outcomes and high quality compassionate patient care. The director works with medical staff and other health care professionals collaboratively. Support the mission, vision, and values of the organization. Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor. Employee must have the same licensure or have completed the same training to satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the student. Direct supervision means the primary caregiver is readily available to the student throughout the shift.
Trident Health is a 407-bed HCA hospital system comprised of two acute care hospitals – Trident Medical Center and Summerville Medical Center – as well as two free standing emergency departments – Centre Pointe Emergency and Moncks Corner Medical Center. The Joint Commission recently named Trident Health as one of the nation’s top hospitals for quality and safety for the fourth year in a row. Other noteworthy services include a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, an award-winning Heart Center, the Trident Breast Care Center, and the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery. Accredited by The Joint Commission, Trident Health is committed to providing quality health services along with wellness information and opportunities to the communities it serves.
For those who fit our dynamic, patient-focused culture, we offer advantages like:
· Our employees enjoy competitive salaries.
· Get started on the right foot with our comprehensive orientation process.
· Making a move? We offer relocation assistance.
· Enjoy working in state of the art/newly renovated nursing units.
· We value continued learning and offer tuition reimbursement.
· Our wide-ranging benefit package is designed to empower your total well-being.
· Dedicated to nursing excellence and patient-centered care, we have a collaborative approach to quality and safety.
Being a part of HCA Healthcare, HCA South Atlantic, provides unprecedented career opportunity including the ability to move within 178+ hospitals and 1,800 sites of care located in 20 states and the United Kingdom.
· Current unencumbered South Carolina or Multistate Compact Registered Nurse License
· BLS Certification on hire (American Heart Association)
· Certification in surgical or trauma nursing highly desirable
b) Education: Graduate of a NLN accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred, MSN highly desirable.
c) Experience: Post-surgical nursing experience highly desirable, experience in trauma program preferred. Supervisory or management experience required. Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities, satisfactorily completes yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities. Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal and external customer.
d) Special qualifications:
· Knowledge and skill of professional nursing theory and practice
· Leadership in administration
· Principles of effective teaching and learning
· Fiscal management
· Effective interpersonal relationships and communication.
· Knowledge, understanding, acceptance, and support of the philosophy, objectives, and policies of the nursing service and the institution as a whole are essential.
· Organizational policies, procedures and systems
· Health care demonstration practices
· Computer systems and applications
· Government and reimbursement regulations and requirements
· Skill in planning organizing, delegating and supervising
· Skill in verbal and written communication
· Skill in researching, preparing and presenting comprehensive reports
· Ability to take initiative and to exercise independent judgment, decision-making and problem solving expertise
· Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Able to articulate and demonstrate nursing theory and practice
· Strong customer service skills