We are looking for Director - Surgical Services for our client in San Jose, CA
Job Title: Director - Surgical Services
Job Location: San Jose, CA
Job Type: Direct Hire
- Start : ?ASAP
- Terms: Permanent
- ?Shift: Full-time Days/No Weekends
- The Director of Surgical Services Department leads the perioperative team by focusing on safe patient care while effectively managing operations. The Director Surgical Services has 24/7 responsibility for their departments.
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
- Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
- Coaches subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
- Participate in employee and patient rounding Identifies and mentor potential future leaders.
- Enforces standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety.
- Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- Responsible for department?s operational excellence by ensuring delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Enforces safe procedural site and patient verification policy.
- Monitors and responds to quality eventreporting.
- Supports new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
- Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization?s financial resources.
- Advances the growth agenda for Surgical Services.
- Strives to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients, staff, and payers in the community they serve.
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
- Develops and builds strategic internal and external networks.
Supports HCA by:
- Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
- Practicing and adhering to the ?Code of Conduct? philosophy and ?Mission and Value Statement?.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degreerequired.
- Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR nursing required.
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Previous experience within HCA preferred.
- Trauma, Comprehensive Stroke and Open Heart experiencepreferred.
- Ambulatory Surgery Center Experiencepreferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Enhanced Surgical Recovery preferred.
- Joint Commission Hip and Knee Certification preferred.
- Previous responsibility with business growth/P&L responsibility preferred.
Licences, Certifications and Training:
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required.
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) preferred.
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characterstics:
- Reference HCA LEADS.