Less than 5 years
Posted 39 days ago
Reporting to the VP of Patient Care, the Director of Surgical Services
ensures Nursing services in Surgical Services Department are rendered in
efficient and professional manner. Develops departmental policies, procedures,
budget, and standards of care.
* Develop, secure approval of and administer department policies,
procedures, and budget; monitor and take corrective action to prevent
* Prepare various departmental statistical reports to be submitted to
Administration (services performed broken down by type of procedure, amount of
time per case, C-Sections and call back). Inpatients and Outpatients.
* Ensure adherence to quality assurance in accordance with departmental
* Attend meetings and workshops to keep abreast of changes in techniques
* Interview, hire, train, evaluate, counsel, develop and terminate
* Schedule adequate staff to ensure efficient, effective, and safe
nursing care is provided.
* Coordinate Operating Room schedule with appropriate personnel (I.e.,
Anesthesia, Physicians, Nursing personnel).
* Evaluate and select products to be used in Operating Room by using
products or comparing information and prices.
* Purchase supplies; obtain highest quality for lowest price.
* Monitor all sterilization procedures to ensure:
– Proper packaging
– Proper labeling
– Proper sterilization methods
– Proper record-keeping
– Proper distribution
– Proper storage
– Proper recall of unsterile and outdated supplies
* Master’s Degree
* 3+ years’ experience
Job ID#: 19001601