Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 16 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital, located in south Minneapolis, is the largest not-for-profit hospital in the Twin Cities and is recognized as an ANCC Magnet-designated hospital. It is known around the region and across the U.S. for its centers of excellence: cancer care through the Virginia Piper Cancer Institute; cardiovascular services in partnership with the Minneapolis Heart Institute; the Spine Institute; Neuroscience Institute; Orthopaedic Institute; perinatology, obstetrics and gynecology through WomenCare; physical rehabilitation through Courage Kenny Rehabilitation InstituteTM; and more. With 5,697 employees, 1,397 physicians and 633 beds, Abbott Northwestern Hospital cares for nearly 370,000 patients and their families each year from the Twin Cities area and throughout the Upper Midwest.
- Main Operating Room, Sterile Processing, Laser Services, and Scheduling.
- The Strategic Plan of the Department/Center of Excellence and its integration with other departments.
- Prepares and manages the annual budget, including projecting personnel and supply costs and recommending capital expenditures for the department, analyzing monthly financial performance against budget.
- Oversees all personnel and Human Resources related activities including hiring, staffing, termination, performance appraisal, salary action, promotion, development, and labor relations.
- Identifies and implements Performance Improvement opportunities.
- Manages information; acquires, updates and reconciles data when necessary and assures compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements and standards.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key stakeholders (patients, physicians, employees, vendors, community leaders, etc.) to ensure that the needs of the hospital are met in an effective manner.
- Provides leadership for patient communities of care and professional nursing practice.
- Is responsible for assuring that a safe environment of care for patients, visitors and employees is maintained and for assuring that employees have gained the knowledge and skill necessary to perform safely and effectively in their role.
- Master’s degree in related clinical field, MBA, MHA. MSN, MS.
- Graduate of an accredited bachelor’s degree program in health care field.
- Five yearexperience in acute health care.
- Five years experience in Surgical Services at a Manager or Director level.
- Strong collaborative and persuasive, consultative communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong ability in relationship building and maintenance.
- Demonstrated leadership in strategic and business planning, performance improvement and achievement of results and change agent.
- Remains current on management principles and patient care trends/models through continuing education, seminars and professional reading.