$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
The Director Surgical Services Department leads the perioperative team by focusing on safe patient care while effectively managing operations. The Director Surgical Services has 24/7 responsibility for their departments.
• Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
• Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
• Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
• Coaches subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
• Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
• Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
• Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
• Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
• Participate in employee and patient roundingIdentifies and mentor potential future leaders
• Enforces standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
• Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety
• Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
• Responsible for department's operational excellence by ensuring delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
• Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
• Enforces safe procedural site and patient verification policy
• Monitors and responds to quality event reporting
• Supports new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
• Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
• Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization's financial resources.
• Advances the growth agenda for Surgical Services.
• Strives to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients, staff, and payers in the community they serve
• Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
• Develops and builds strategic internal and external networks.
Supports HCA by:
• Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
• Practicing and adhering to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
• Performing other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
•Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field
•3+ years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR nursing.
•3+ years of experience in a leadership role
Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
•Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation.
•Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR)
•Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM)
Valid Through: 2019-10-18