$200K — $250K *
Requisition ID: req10385
Job Title: Director, Supporter Acquisition Mass Marketing
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: New York, NY HQ USA
IRC's External Relations (ER) department is responsible for the global delivery of private sector resources and plays a meaningful role in the creation of IRC’s brand, awareness and support for its advocacy goals.
The Director of Supporter Acquisition will lead the development and delivery of IRC’s USA supporter acquisition programs. You will be responsible for the rapid growth in the USA supporter base via numerous channels and should be proficient across all acquisition channels such as TV, Face to Face, digital and also including multi-channel approaches. Particularly, you will improve sustainer (monthly donor) acquisition which will be critical bedrocks of our strategic growth.
In this role, you will work to a test, learn, and optimize culture, driven by data-based decision making. You will also lead a team whose focus is supporter acquisition. While this is principally currently done digitally, a critical function of this role will be to build new channels of acquisition to IRC and, as new channels are developed, work with and recruit agencies, freelancers, consultants and team members to support this growth.
1. Lead and coordinate, along with marketing senior leaders, all of MMUSA’s recruitment strategy and plans ensuring they are grounded in best practices for the acquisition of low dollar, mid-level and monthly donors in the USA. Ensure that recruitment feeds long term value donors, planned giving and major gifts pipeline.
2. Lead on the introduction of new acquisition channels to MMUSA including Face to Face. Drive and supervise the implementation of those new plans.
3. Continually test and iterate recruitment of supporters. Adjust campaigns and tactics, optimize and pivot where necessary to reach strategic goals.
4. Act as a lead champion and driver of strategic plans meant to enhance and increase our emergency fundraising response and capacity where donor acquisition in concerned.
5. Continually monitor results and do analysis and adjust strategies to maximize revenue.
6. Support Senior Director in making recommendations to IRC senior management for additional investments for acquiring new supporters.
7. Act as team leader on creation of budgets and projections, as well as monitor budgets to ensure they are accurate. Prepare annual budgets and quarterly re-forecasts. Lead the team with the analysis and insights required both from internal and external resources.
8. Collaborate with Strategy and Planning colleagues and with other colleagues internationally to help the organization get results and pool systems and resources effectively.
9. Work where possible to expand and optimize current supporter acquisition activities.
10. Coordinate recruitment of any agencies/consultants/firms working on supporter acquisition and lead the delivery of our strategies.
11. Work with the Associate Director of Reporting & Analytics MMUSA to ensure all budgets, reports and analysis is recorded, tracked and fulfilling the needs of running an optimized supporter acquisition program.
12.Work collaboratively with the creative and brand teams, to ensure IRC is delivering strong content with measurable outcomes and testing strategizes to improve performance in all our acquisition efforts while ensuring all acquisition assets are on brand and to a high standard.
13. Coordinate with colleagues in IPP on supporter acquisition campaigns with Corporate brands, recent partners including: TripAdvisor, Airbnb and Google
14. Provide clear metrics and returns to build strong growth investment business cases for acquiring donors.
15. Assist with building strong active joint training & planning, collaboration, support & engagement with relevant colleagues
16. Keep up to date on sector trends and critical metric in acquisition with a particular focus on the US and our competitors.
17. Manage the USA Direct Marketing Acquisition team with commitment, integrity and accountability to the “IRC Way” – IRC Global Standards for Professional Conduct
Education: Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
•8+ years of work experience in modern high-performance marketing, with proven track record of income growth.
•Experience working in a variety of marketing channels including for example, DRTV, F2F, Digital.
•Experience of working in supporter acquisition
Demonstrated Skill and Competencies:
•US experience in marketing in the following areas:
•Donor acquisition – specifically with sustainers (monthly) donors and mid-level donors
•Management of agencies
•Analytics set-up and monitoring
•Ability to identify unmet market needs and create/execute marketing strategies
•Creates and owns business metrics and goals to settle what will move the needle
•Experience of driving a committed/monthly donor in USA highly desirable
•Experience of delivering emergency fundraising highly desirable
•Understanding of the US fundraising marketplace
•Proven ability using analytics to inform and influence decision-making
•Shown success in direct to consumer marketing
•Meticulous and a critical thinker, able to ask probing clear questions and drive toward solutions quickly
•Predisposition toward simple and practical solutions
•Strong interpersonal skills, collegial and collaborative, high energy, good humored and creative leader
•Strong resilience and change management skills – with experience of leading a rapid growth program, and the challenges that come with rapid growth
•Excellent written and verbal communication
Working Environment: This role requires working remotely full or part time (i.e., telecommuting).
Valid through: 11/23/2020