Prodigy Education connects students, parents, teachers and school districts with resources that promote a lifelong love of learning. Anyone with an internet connection is welcome to create a free account and try the most effective and engaging K-8 math platform in the world. Our business model helps us connect with youth around the world, with over 100 million students now voluntarily practicing math every single day � and enjoying it!
At Prodigy Education, we have an incredible team that works tirelessly to turn our goal of making education a human right into a reality. We are immensely grateful for our amazing team and all they do every day. We welcome people who share our passion to join our team, where you will have the opportunity to help an entire generation of students to LOVE learning.
Our passion is our mission - to help every student in the world love learning!
Please note: During the Covid-19 pandemic, in order to keep all our candidates safe, Prodigy is hiring and on-boarding 100% remotely for the time being.
- Are you a seasoned sales and operations leader with experience building a high growth, two sided platform? Do you have experience building out new teams, roles and processes? Are you results driven and eager to get stuff done? Are you passionate about learning and delivering powerful learning outcomes to students all over the world? Do you want to work in a start up that has an excellent track record of success and is building a transformational new business line? Here at Prodigy we are establishing a new product to bring effective, fun, 1-to-1 learning to children everywhere! Prodigy Math Tutoring brings together the insights we have on how children learn, the educators who use our product in schools, and parents who want to fulfill their child's potential.
- We began a year ago as a 'start-up' squad in a larger organization. Today we are on the precipice of scaling fast and have ambitious plans to become the market leading tutoring business in North America within two years. We need an experienced, enthusiastic, methodical leader to help us in our quest.
Who You Are:
- You will be responsible for the supply side of our platform: hiring, training and developing excellent teachers to join us on our mission to bring high quality 1-to-1 learning to everyone.
- You will also guide us on best practices for sales to ensure we have the right people selling and managing our client relationships and the right processes to ensure a scaleable ROI
- You will develop new processes and best practices to ensure tutor quality
- You will manage KPI's such as show rate, conversion and customer lifetime value
- You will work with a cross-functional team of product professionals to make decisions about the future direction of our product
Bonus Points For:
- You are experienced in sales and operations at a fast growing organization. You know how to manage a platform business and you want the opportunity to contribute to a new business.
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Excellent communication and rapport building skills
- Experience in hiring, leading, managing, and scaling a team of 300+ remote employees
- Experience in establishing new processes and policies
- Sales leader who can coach non-traditional sales people
- Customer service mindset
- Can manage through ambiguity
- Can balance the need to get things done with the need to think strategically
- Exhibits Prodigy vales of User-Obsession, Radical Candor, Growth Mindset, Extreme Ownership
- Willingness to learn and work in a hyper-growth company
What We Offer:
- Education industry experience
- Experience as a tutor or a teacher
- Experience in B2C Educational sales and operations
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
While we operate 100% remotely for the time being, our company culture and values remain at the core of everything we do. We are offering a number of remote-friendly activities such as:
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual �Prodigy Prepares� cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
We�d love to still provide you with a glimpse into what our in-office experiences look like below:
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for �All Hands�, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.