Are you an experienced supply chain leader looking for a new opportunity with a stable, customer-oriented company? If you enjoy challenges and are a proven leader with a strong track record of success, we invite you to consider Alliant Energy!
- Outstanding pay and benefits
- A commitment to career growth and development
- Excellent team of supply chain professionals
- The opportunity to leave a lasting impact on the Alliant Energy organization as a whole
Alliant Energy is currently seeking a Director of Supply Chain Support Services to work at our corporate headquarters location in Cedar Rapids, IA or Madison, WI.
This position will be responsible for:
- Developing and executing on long and short term strategies
- Strategic planning
- Establishing processes and procedures for the company's supply chain activities
- Talent development in the supply chain organization
- Developing and implementing guiding principles, goals, budgets, actions plans and performance measurements required to ensure that the supply chain organization focuses on supplier performance, effective commodity management and cost objectives.
- Developing technology and analytics strategies to drive savings and continuous improvement in the supply chain organization and with business unit partners
- Directing the infrastructure and services needed to support the delivery, storage and transportation of materials for the operations of the company.
- Additional duties and responsibilities listed below.
Alliant Energy will not provide sponsorship for an employment visa (e.g. H-1B visa) now or in the future for this position
- Responsible for the leadership and overall direction of supply chain systems; execution of the company’s strategic vision for procurement of non-fuel related materials and services; inventory applications; e-procurement; and inventory consulting and leadership to the company’s operations functions. Recommends capital expenditures for new systems and applications.
- Responsible for the development and execution of a cohesive and coordinated strategy for the company’s sourcing and supply chain initiatives; ensuring supplier performance and cost objectives are met,; and provides leadership and education of industry trends to improve organizational performance and processes.
- Drives savings and continuous improvement in the supply chain organization through development of technology and analytic strategies.
- Responsible for oversight of all supplier diversity planning, maturity and communication plans needed to implement the company’s supplier diversity program which includes SDD (Small, Diverse and Disadvantaged) businesses.
- Oversees the contract administration activities and assists in development of staffing and contracting for company’s multi-billion dollar construction initiatives, including but not limited to EPC contracts.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with senior management, work associates, and external professional organizations to ensure corporate strategies and objectives are achieved. Collaborates with internal and external auditing functions to ensure conformance with company policies and procedures as they pertain tosourcing and supply chain activities.
- Performs all management duties including, but not limited to, budgeting, hiring, performance reviews, coordinating and scheduling work, salary recommendations, discipline, ensure employees report to work fit for duty, leadership, grievance resolution, coaching & counseling. Models Alliant Energy’s Core Values at all times.
Desired Education and Experience
- This position requires a bachelor's degree in a related field and 10 years of related experience.
- This position requires 6 years of progressively responsible supervisory experience.
- Profit and loss experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to develop short- and long-term strategic plans and translate those plans into action.
- Demonstrated understanding of project management methods and application preferred.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills.
- Demonstrated financial skills such as budgeting and accounting.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer software programs (e.g., email, word processing, spreadsheet, and project management), including PeopleSoft’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work environment.