As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will manage a team of commodity managers responsible for the long term strategic sourcing, complex contracting, and management of strategic suppliers for materials and the fabrication of complex spaceflight systems. You will help set the strategic direction for our business lines and provide recommendations to the company’s c-suite. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of pricing performance and delivery schedules. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Lead and manage a group of deeply experienced supply chain subject matter experts in the Supplier Management and Procurement organization.
- Work closely with the Blue Origin’s business units (New Shepard, New Glenn, Blue Engines) to formulate long-term supply chain strategy
- Help prepare and present key recommendations to senior management
- Build and manage a small analytics team supporting the organization
- Participate and ensure consistency in strategic make/buy decisions across the organization
- Develop and ensure adherence to fit-for-purpose supplier management, purchasing, and quality processes. Drive cross-function continuous improvement activities through data-driven analysis.
- Assist commodity managers with reviewing Statements of Work, Proposal packages, and Specifications before bid
- Collaborate with commodity managers, procurement contract administrators, and the legal team on negotiations on complex procurement contracts and long term agreements
- When necessary, assist in the engagement and management of third-party consultants
- 10+ years’ experience with progressive responsibility in supply chain and/or operations and personnel management, including multiple functions and domains
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business management, engineering or a related field
- Expertise aerospace and/or automotive manufacturing commodities such as: metal machining and forming, composites, avionics, valves, casting and forgings, and tooling
- Experience in supplier management, and contracts management including establishing and managing Long Term Agreements
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships across multiple facilities and corporate functions
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Must be able to travel at least 25% of time
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- Cross-industry experience in automotive, high-tech manufacturing, or technology
- Management consulting experience
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or a related field
- ITAR and Federal Acquisition Regulations knowledge