A&M’s Supply Chain Operations professionals assist our clients in analyzing each part of the supply chain process including: Procurement and Sourcing, Production, Logistics, Distribution and Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SI&OP) to identify value creation opportunities, develop a roadmap to accelerate those opportunities and assist with driving them to our client’s bottom line. From our thorough fact-based analysis, we assess the state of operations, identify key risks to investment and quantify potential EBITDA improvement plans.
The PEPI Supply Chain group is a growing business with high growth projected throughout the next two to four years. We offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and build leadership skills. The leadership team is focused on providing development opportunities, training and exposure to international and domestic business assignments.
We are seeking individuals that can lead and deliver large, complex client engagements working closely with Private Equity leadership to identify, design, and implement creative business solutions for their portfolio companies.
Directors frequently lead the following types of engagements:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of a client’s manufacturing, procurement, and distribution operations-- organization design, efficiency, quality, planning, warehousing and team capability
- Develop and implement supply chain strategies to meet growth and financial objectives through effective forecasting, demand/supply planning, procurement, inventory management, and distribution & logistics
- Develop and lead all efforts in sourcing and procurement
- Lead supplier identification, approval, contract/pricing negotiations and vendor relations
- Implement inventory processes and control systems throughout the supply chain
- Develop transformation plans to drive proposed changes in transportation, freight optimization, warehousing & distribution
- Implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance.
- Ability to both conduct analysis and lead teams to conduct analysis
- Serve in interim roles in supply chain functions (procurement, logistics)
- Strong written, oral, and analytical skills
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Structured project management (time, team and work-stream management)
- Initiative and drive
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to deliver time-pressured projects on-time and on-quality
- Flexible and creative thinking
- Client relationship building
- Excellent presentation skills
- 10-15 plus years of combined consulting and industry operating experience
- Preference for industry leadership roles within Operations, Distribution, and Logistics
- Previous advisory experience from a top-tier strategy firm, leading specialist, niche advisory firm, or Big-4 consultancy HIGHLY DESIRABLE
- MBA preferred
- Experience working for or with private equity sponsors and portfolio companies. Deep functional expertise in two or more of the following areas:
- Procurement and Sourcing
- Demonstrated track record of leading sustainable high-impact strategic sourcing approaches
- Exemplary experiencedesigning end-to-end procurement strategies
- Deep industry expertise in direct materials such as: steel, resin, commodity chemicals, packaging, automotive, textiles, solvents, plastics, polymers, adhesives, pulp, and IT
- Excellent fact-gathering and analytical skills, including business process mapping and quantitative analysis
- Flexibility to travel up to 80% of the time