This position is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating and maintaining economical and efficient logistics services for the company. This position manages all our inbound and outbound freight and identifies the best processes and equipment for storing products at our centers and moving them to our stores. This position is also responsible for the supervision of the day-to-day activities of the Logistics department. Act as company expert on federal and state laws and regulations related to transportation systems and equipment and ensure network compliance to all applicable rules and regulations. Manage the policies and practices of the various Transportation Programs. Manage the network optimization of entire fleet operations and 3rd party providers. Continuously identify cost savings opportunities to streamline logistics efficiencies within our SCC’s.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Fleet Asset Management – Commercial Vehicles
- Ensure Compliance with all FMCSR, DOT, and OSHA Regulations related to fleet operations.
- Procurement through purchase or lease of all commercial vehicles for the Distribution division.
- Negotiate all commercial fleet master lease agreements.
- Negotiate lease agreements on a location basis, considering factors such as lease terms, service requirements and maintenance requirements.
- Determine standardized commercial vehicle specifications.
- Perform cost analysis to determine commercial fleet buy/lease decisions.
- Monitor supplier compliance to lease agreements.
- Resolve supplier service/billing and performance issues.
- Plans, directs, and implements vehicle scheduling, allocation, dispatching, licensing, and communication functions in accordance with established policies and objectives to effect economical utilization of vehicle facilities – both inbound and outbound.
Manage & Lead Logistics Team
- Manage hiring, training, developing and leading the Logistics Team.
- Develop and implement compliance of all logistics policies, procedures, and programs.
- Lead Logistics Team to formulate policies, programs, and procedures for entire logistics network to include contracting, optimal scheduling, rates, routes, assignment of drivers and vehicles, material handling equipment, warehouse storage, and racking.
Cost Savings / Improved Efficiencies
- Determine cost savings opportunities for all inbound and outbound freight logistics.
- Conduct continuous analyses of vehicle and driver assignments and analyzes scheduling for possible consolidation and fleet/labor utilization in SCC’s.
- Conduct regular field visits to evaluate operations and recommends changes.
- Analyze proposed schedules and rates, initiates preparation and distribution of proposed trip schedule changes, and submits analyses of data and rescheduling recommendations between SCC’s to upper management.
- Directs operation and maintenance of communication systems, reviews procedures, provides guidance to resolve technical problems, analyzes costs and recommends cost control measures.
- Reviews cost statements to locate excessive expenses, and develops plans, policies, and budgets.
- Responsible for transportation analysis and savings/cost opportunity analysis and the implementation and management of cost analysis measures
- Plan and monitor Transportation Budgets
- Regular interaction with SCC Directors to improve operational and performance metrics
- Provide information, recommendations, and coordinate project implementation for transportation and logistics cost reduction opportunities
- Manage Lead Engineer on process improvements including optimizing the efficiencies of SC Drivers jobs and improving the physicality of the job requirements.
- Manage all warehouse reporting of SCCs and improve metrics for cost effectively planning warehouse space.
- BA Degree – 8 - 10 years experience in transportation/logistics
- Experience with LTL, FTL, Small Package
- Experience with critical delivery situations
- Strong organizational skills, extremely detailed and accurate
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and negotiation skills
- Experience with Transportation Management Systems
- Creative problem solver
- Strong computer and technical skills
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Must be able to work under pressure with tight deadlines and be available after normal business hours
- Ability to travel 30 -50%]