$200K — $250K *
Drive key initiatives to achieve best total cost structure, quality, lead-time, and material availability by negotiating strategic short- and long-term supplier agreements.
• Negotiate sourcing, pricing and material availability agreements for purchasing staff to buy, plan and expedite appropriately to support production schedule needs.
• Direct supervision and development of the team with robust succession planning. Team is responsible for all materials planning / purchasing, achieving target inventory values, and works closely with master scheduling, production planning and SIOP functions.
• Proactively drive the overall strategy of critical commodities and manage related challenges related to market conditions, logistics, processes changes, supplier issues, and material inflation.
• Forecast and plan according to sales and production schedules, while developing and executing strategies to support business performance targets
• Aggressive reduction of inventory on hand, E&O risk, and drive improved turnover
• Manage timely disposition of nonconforming material with supply base and internal partners per company ISO / Quality Manual standards. Drive 8D / corrective as needed to eliminate future risk
• Collaborate with operations, engineering, finance, corporate supply chain leadership and similar functions to drive process improvement and efficiency projects.
• Develop appropriate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and set appropriate SMART goals, holding the team accountable for the success of those KPIs.
• Develop suppliers’ capabilities and expand supply base as needed to improve quality, delivery, and cost structure.
• Collaborate with peers, participate in and lead kaizens across the business unit to drive needed improvements, expand capabilities to support dynamic customer/business needs
• Improve existing Supplier Scorecard process with internal team and partners. Develop risk planning strategies with critical suppliers to strengthen overall supply chain stability.
• Provide guidance for implementation of Supplier Managed Inventory programs and other functional and company-wide process improvements.
• Develop standardized sourcing and supply chain procedures and practices.
• Assure suppliers, processes and procedures are consistent with all quality and compliance requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA a plus
• CPM, CPIM, ASCM, ISM or similar certification preferred
• 7+ years leading a supply chain organization, including purchasing and strategic global sourcing in a low volume / high mix electro-mechanical manufacturing business
• Track record of delivering results in a manufacturing facility required, including internal & supplier Kanban / VMI implementation and make/buy outsourcing initiatives
• Inventory: Strong accomplishments and bias for action with regard to reductions in value on hand, significantly improved turnover, and minimal E&O risk, for high mix materials
• Experience driving implementation of VMI or VMI Consignment inventory programs
• Experience transitioning legacy ERP systems; Oracle experience a strong plus
• Solid understanding and practical application of Lean and continuous improvement (SIOP, Kaizen, 8D, GEMBA); Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma certification a plus
• Skilled negotiator with proven track record of success, preferably sourcing commodities related to sheet metal, magnetics, PCBAs and electronic components
• Highly analytical by nature. Supports key business decisions with robust data, inclusive of all factors impacting business P&L.
• Handles ambiguity effectively when availability of data is limited; quickly develops, implements, and adapts action plans based on evolving findings and results.
• Balances strategic long-term initiatives with achievement of tactical short-term goals
• Prior experience managing direct reports is required, may include remote management
• Experience coaching and mentoring to a highly capable and energetic team, performing capability assessments and Topgrading when necessary
• Must have excellent communication skills, written and verbal – executive presence
Valid through: 7/6/2021