The Director of Supplier Recovery leads a team of supplier recovery specialists to drive performance improvement at our most critical suppliers by identifying and resolving complex systemic problems. Supplier Recovery Team’sresponsibilities include validation of POs tosupport demand are accurate, measure / improve supplier Line of Balances (LOB) and past dues (PD), verify raw material and work in process positions, review yield / quality performance, resolve capacity issues, identify tooling gaps and needs, ensure supplier has stable / accurate demand signals and improve supplier look ahead metrics. The Director of Supplier Recovery will ensure their team delivers on holistic improvement and drive rapid functional issue resolution.
Additional responsibilities include ensuring that the team develops and executes the following:
- Implement Supplier Recovery / Improvement / standard work, used to develop suppliers to perform at World Class levels by improving process capabilities.
- Deploy Supplier Recovery / Development advanced tools of which may include any combination of assessments, training, quality improvements, delivery improvements, capacity improvement, lead-time reductions, Lean, Six Sigma, and / or cost savings.
- Interface with all levels of the organization, suppliers, and customers regarding supplier performance and improvement actions and processes and be prepared to report out at executive levels on plans and results.
- Create and manage implementation of strategic projects including project plans, overall tracking capability, reporting of progress within team and up through leadership.
- Lead and / or participate in cross functional project teams driving improvements in OTTR, Past Due, Volatility and Linearity at site and Aero levels
- Complete root cause analysis and recommend / implement corrective actions where projected results are below plan.
- Assist in identifying, recruiting, and retaining top management talent in Honeywell Aerospace.
- Perform analysis on supplier performance using OneSource, SAP, Rapid Response, and other Honeywell databases.
- 25% to 50% travel
As this is a growth position in the broader organization, only candidates who have the desire and potential to advance will be considered.
Lean ManufacturingSix Sigma KnowledgeProject ManagementEffective cross functional communication internally and externallyComplex Problem resolution
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's Degree
- 12+ years of previous leadership / managerial experience in supply chain, materials management, sourcing, procurement SIOP
- Have detailed work and /or managerial experience in least 3 of the 6 following areas: Manufacturing/Assembly Operations, Quality, Engineering (Design or Manufacturing), Planning, Program Management and Materials / Procurement.
- Have the ability to virtually manage an experienced team of professionals with a track record of coming through on commitments
- Master’s Preferred
- An MBA in a business discipline is preferred
- Blackbelt certification and /or Lean Expert certification
- Experience with Aerospace products and customers preferred
- Professional Certification (i.e. ASQ-CQE/CQA, CPIM, CSCP, PMP) preferred
- A comprehensive knowledge of practices applicable to the manufacture of aerospace products including regulatory, military, commercial, and industry/customer standards (e.g., ISO9000, and AS9001) is preferred
- Program or project management experiencepreferred
- Supplier development project management experience a plus
- Displays strong analytical skills including data query writing and development
- Demonstrated capacity to meet aggressive deadlines while achieving excellent business results
- Exhibits successful ability with indirect leadership of diverse teams deploying complex processes
- Proven ability to influence Executive level leaders both inside and outside the organization.
- Established ability to manage multiple complex projects at once
- Experience working in multicultural environments and with others of diverse backgrounds preferred