We are looking for a General Manager for our Partner Operations Furniture & Decor Leadership team. As a Director on that team, you will manage a team who can build innovative strategies tailored to multiple product categories, and lead the execution of those strategies. The General Manager will grow and lead a high-caliber team that is building deep, highly-integrated, trust-based relationships with our most critical supplier-partners; and will act as a senior sponsor and counterpart to COO and Commercial Leaders to develop and lead key accounts. He or she will actively coordinate with other senior leaders across Wayfair who work in these categories, and will be a member of the leadership team that defines overall operations strategy.
Due to the high visibility of this role, the GM must possess a strong senior presence that will enable her or him to advise and persuade C-level leaders at the supplier organizations we partner with, and operate effectively at the highest levels internally at Wayfair. Success in this role requires a combination of strategic and analytical thinking, an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively, and an ability to execute and operate against key business objectives.
What You'll Do
- Build an operations strategy & roadmap: Assess current operations strategy and partner with internal operations teams to optimize product availability, speed of delivery, supply chain costs, and damage rates - all at a rapidly expanding scale. And by doing so develop and execute strategies that generate game-changing competitive advantage and enduring customer satisfaction.
- Build a high performing, dynamic team: Lead a dynamic team that works closely with executive leaders of our supplier partners, and other Wayfair teams, and are able to execute on your vision and category specific strategies in the context of rapid growth.
- Partner with the commercial team: Partner with the Directors of Commercial partner teams to build a comprehensive strategy that enables Wayfair to drive rapid top-line and bottom-line growth, while building enduring relationships with suppliers and other competitive advantages.
- Establish strong relationships and drive supplier engagement: Build top-to-top partnerships with senior executives, and coach your team to do the same. Play a “COO” role in supplier meetings to help executives understand Wayfair, the growth opportunity and what the partnership needs to look like for supplier’s to perform strongly across Wayfair’s websites. Guide suppliers to understand and utilize Wayfair’s proprietary supply chain capabilities to further our shared goals. In doing so, build and grow your P&L with Wayfair’s CastleGate and Supply-Chain-as-a-Service business
- Influence a diverse set of internal stakeholders: Execute a cohesive strategic plan in a matrixed organization with ownership divided across specialized teams. This requires building relationships, sharing your vision while understanding others, and collaborating with other teams to drive success.
- Drive platform enhancements: Identify themes and improvement areas across the platform and partner with internal tech teams to drive change, enabling suppliers to invest more into the partnership to accelerate growth.
- Assess performance and adapt strategy: Frequently deep dive into the performance of your business to understand what is and what is not working. Wayfair works fast and needs a leader who utilizes data to drive action, ensure focus is on the right priorities and areas of the business, and deliver success.
What You'll Need
- 10+ years relevant experience, preferably in one of the following areas: strategy consulting, e-commerce or an internet sector with significant operational components, or a successful entrepreneur who has built enterprise product/service offerings in an operational space
- Experience in retail, supply chain, logistics, or eCommerce; with a strong and demonstrable interest in leading global operations strategy for a large and growing business
- Thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment
- Proven experience directly managing high-performance, analytical teams, to consistently meet KPI goals
- Demonstrated experience building a business or delivering against aggressive targets & goals in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Proven experience and passion for working across functions and with c-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- Articulate, persuasive communicator, able to earn the trust and buy-in of senior executives
- Strong analytical experience, and comfortable operating with large data sets to generate insight and actionable conclusions
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership and driving results
About Wayfair Inc.