Description: This position is responsible for overall leadership of the NFS Supplier Diversity program across the NFS shared services program. The Director develops the vision, the strategy, and program parameters and leads the NFS supplier diversity program for $4+ billion dollar per year facilities management spend, including planning, design, construction, real estate, maintenance, environmental services, etc. The supplier diversity program is one of the five key goals upon which Kaiser Permanente's national leaders and senior executives are measured. The position directs the efforts of the NFS Supplier Diversity staff to establish annual goals, ensure consistent implementation of initiatives and practices, and ensure consistent responsiveness to internal customers, employer groups, regulatory agencies and the development of the supplier outreach programs at regional and local levels. Develops and implements the structure, initiatives and supplier outreach to attain the diversity goals established for NFS. Enhance workforce cultural competence and diversity skills of the NFS workforce.
- Develops & directs the implementation of strategies & specific programs to increase the amount NFS spends w/ diverse suppliers. Ensures full compliance w/ employer groups & government regulators. This is achieved by working collaboratively w/ regional Supplier Diversity Leaders, Service Delivery Teams, national & regional contracting/purchasing leaders, Procurement & Supply, National Supplier Diversity & senior mgmt.
- Chairs the National Facilities Services Diversity Council to serve as the oversight group to the Business Lines & Service Delivery Teams. Guides & supports all of the Council's activities.
- Ensure KP obtains recognition from government agencies & local communities for setting the tone & developing/attaining goals for the participation of a diverse workforce, minority & women business enterprises, local subcontractors & suppliers, & military veterans. Ensure linkages & collaboration throughout the organization to enhance the diversity & cultural competence of the NFS workforce. Ensure contractlanguage includes diversity requirements; participate in pre-bid meetings & job walks to detail goals of Kaiser Permanente to potential contractors.
- Ensure all responses are inclusive of diversity goals. Establish & maintain linkages w/ building trade unions & pre-apprentice program providers to develop an alliance that provides vocational training for entry in the trade unions & apprenticeship w/in KP. In concert w/ the labor unions & Associated General Contractors (AGC) develop an outreach program that will ensure a diverse & highly trained workforce for KP projects. In collaboration w/ HR Recruitment, develop methods for identifying diverse candidates for the planning, architectural, engineering, construction mgmt, real estate, facilities operations & clinical technology career fields.
- Establishes retention/promotion programs to increase the diversity of facilities mgmt employees & leadership that is balanced w/ available workforce & medical center demographics. Develop an internal mentoring program for prospective candidates to enter the facilities mgmt & related professional fields w/in KP. Serve as the primary point of contact for Regional Diversity Managers requiring specific information of the construction & facilities mgmt program for regulatory & community agencies.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- Minimum five (5) years of management experience to include proven track record in change management, leadership and team building.
- Minimum eight (8) years of project management experience in a complex environment.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering/architecture, construction management or business management.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Demonstrated excellent communication, presentation, analytical and report writing skills.
- This position requires significant travel.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum eight (8) years of project management experience in a complex environment dealing with health care delivery and construction/facilities projects preferred.
- Prior experience implementing a facilities-related diversity program preferred.
- Experience in the design and management of supplier diversity or minority and business enterprise programs preferred.
- Experience with facilities management, purchasing, marketing or financial operations desirable.
- Previous experience interpreting public legislation and regulations regarding compliance of federal contractors on facilitiescontracts.
- Master's degree in any of the above curricula preferred.
- Knowledge of Office of Federal Contract Compliance regulations relating to construction projects.
- Knowledge of construction, construction and facilities management methodologies, facilitiescontracting and building requirements is crucial to successful execution of this program.
- Ability to determine key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multi-disciplinary perspectives.
- Ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Ability to organize large events and manage supportcontractors.