The Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Director adheres to the mission, vision, and values of Eskenazi Health and Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center (SEMHC), and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards. The position has accountability for planning, organizing, and directing programming, including all grant activity related to SUD for all client/patient care services within SEMHC as deemed necessary and required by regulatory requirements; and to include other clinical program initiatives as determined by the CEO and COO of Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center. The Director of SUD Services oversees strategic development of a coordinated continuum of SUD services across SEMHC in collaboration with internal and external community stakeholders. The SUD director assures that SUD services across SEMHC meet an expected standard of care and provides coordination of communication across the multiple grants and departments that utilize SUD services. The Director is also responsible for ensuring all SUD clinical staff licensing standards for patient care are preserved in all areas of assigned responsibility. The Director of SUD Services is responsible for overall SUD training and management of quality, regulatory readiness, patient safety, and combination of clinical and operational management as well as managing and engaging people to achieve organizational goals in all areas for which incumbent is responsible. This position is also responsible for ensuring patient and family expectations are met or exceeded in all areas for which incumbent is accountable. The Director of SUD Services merges the art and science of mental health services to meet the patient care needs amidst the realities of fiscal stewardship. May be required to function in a clinical capacity on occasion.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides leadership and directs SUD clinical patient care activities and quality standards within Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center towards the organization’s strategic plans, goals, mission, vision, and PRIDE values.
- Provides oversight for SUD clinical standards, policies, protocols, and procedures for the areas of responsibility.
- Understands, communicates, and effectively implements the Joint Commission standards, infection control, and other regulatory requirements for all areas of responsibility
- Serves as member of the executive leadership team of Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center and participates in decision-making, policy determination, and planning and operations of the areas under of responsibility and keeps executive leadership informed of the same
- Ensures standards of patient care are met for SUD treatment and advises SEMHC CEO, COO, CMO, medical staff, and clinic managers, in matters related to SUD clinical services
- Ensures staff possessing a professional license operate within the scope thereof and ensures, through training and auditing, staff perform job functions in accordance with statutory, regulatory and Eskenazi Health performance
- “Rounds for outcomes” with patients, families, staff, physicians, and members of the team(s) who help to provide the care and services to our patients.
- Facilitates, develops, and implements SUD training programs to ensure achievement in strategic initiatives and goals.
- In collaboration with the Managers of Eskenazi Health Departments (e.g. Compliance, Billing, Legal, Risk and Regulatory, Human Resources, Professional Development) understands, ensures and implements SUD trainings that supports policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives, and technologies.
ASSOCIATED JOB DUTIES:
- Performs all other job-related duties as assigned
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, or Licensed Mental Health Counselor and a Licensed Clinical Addictions Counselor with a minimum of 5 years of management experience in a SUD Treatment
- Prefer additionally to above qualifications, Master’s degree in Business/Administration/Public Health with minimum of 5 years of Mental Health business management experience
- Current Indiana eligibility for license
- Maintains professional development through a variety of activities such as national certification, ongoing education, conferences, teaching and participating in appropriate professional organizations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrates effective problem solving, critical thinking, and decision making skills. Demonstrates effective communication to varying degrees and levels in working with all levels of staff and medical team, and internal and external contacts; this includes verbal, non-verbal and written skills
- Clear analytical/statistical skills
- Must be knowledgeable of The Joint Commission, Infection Control and other regulatory requirements
- Ability to work effectively with the physician leadership model in place and evolving at Eskenazi Health
- Knowledgeable of Indiana Health Coverage Programs such as Medicaid Rehabilitation Options Services “MRO”, AMHH, Adult Mental Health and Habilitation (AMHH) home and community base services “HCBS” services, Behavioral and Primary Healthcare Coordination “BPHC” program
- Ability to describe requirements for Certified Community Behavioral Health Model
- Must meet the following basic competencies if applicable:
- Mental Status Exam, Medications, DSM 5, Legal, CPI, Functional Assessment (HAP), CPR, Annual Education, Confidentiality, CANS (Staff Working with Children), and Addictions
- Directly supervises managers, supervisors and staff as assigned
- Maintains staff, patient, financial and family confidentiality
- Maintains protected health information in accordance with HIPAA privacy guidelines and regulations
- Employee may work independently under the general direction of their leader
CONTACTS – INTERNAL/EXTERNAL:
- Contact with all levels of personnel (management, staff and physicians)
- Contact with outside organizations and individuals
- Extensive telephone and personal interdepartmental contact to obtain/share/provide information
SPECIAL EFFORT REQUIRED:
- Intense, often sustained mental concentration in analysis, problem solving, etc.
- Tact/diplomacy required in sensitive/complex situations
- Setting priorities, weighing effects of policies/systems, stress of deadlines and frequent interruptions
- Patient care areas, clinics, offices
- May be required to attend meetings or perform work remotely from clinic or hospital campus
Job Type: Full-time
- Mental Health business management: 5 years (Preferred)
- LCAC (Required)
- LCSW, LMFT or LMHC (Required)