The Director of The UNEStudent Health Center develops and implements UNE campus policies and procedures for compliance with University of New England and State of Maine laws regarding provision of health care, immunization tracking and compliance for post secondary students. In addition to determining the legal obligations and scope of services provided by Student Health Services, the Director supervises and coordinates direct health care services to eligible students and provides oversight to licensed and unlicensed personnel. The Director is also responsible for the overall managerial functions and protocols specific to Student Health Center staff.
• Develop, review and revise protocols and procedures to guide safe provision of health care services to students based on ACHA Guidelines/Recommendations.
• Direct, manage and provide all aspects of health care to UNE students.
• Direct and manage immunization tracking and compliance
• Provide for appropriate consultation and referral to medical specialists outside of UNE.
• Monitor data and information regarding usage of Student Health Services in order to develop or revise protocols and procedures to best meet the needs of students.
• Develop quality improvement protocols to direct health care initiatives in The Student Health Center as well as on campus.
• Provide appropriate referral to other departments of UNE Division of Student Support
• Provide for and maintain confidential HIPAA compliant record keeping systems to assure documentation, confidentiality, accountability and appropriation of resources.
• Provide health care information and education to students and families as appropriate and as permitted by individual student.
• Manage departmental budget.
• Provide oversight for operation of department including ordering of supplies, initiating PO’s for purchasing.
• Supervise and participate in Orientation of newly hired staff, student employees, studentinternships, student preceptorships.
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND OUTREACH
• Maintain Advanced Practice Nursing licensure in the State of Maine.
• Maintain Advanced Practice Certification by an approved certifying body.
• Maintain DEA Certification.
• Maintain Health Care Provider CPR.
• Maintain current up to date knowledge and skills as an advanced practice nurse in college health.
• Participate and maintain membership in ACHA, NECHA, MCHA.
• Serve on appropriate UNE committees and initiatives.
• Collaboration with UNE legal counsel regarding any complaints, challenges to policy, protocols or procedures and any external inquiries or investigations.
Provide supervision to other licensed and unlicensed personnel and the Coordinator of Student Health Services.
Master’s degree in Advanced Practice Nursing plus a minimum of 3 – 5 years of Advanced Practice experience that includes staff supervision, program development, and budget management or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
• College Health experience preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a fast paced, dynamic multi tasking environment.
• Effective and appropriate written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
• Cross cultural or multicultural and diversity education or experience.
• Ability to work effectively with a wide range of students, families, faculty, staff and various individuals, agencies, organizations within and outside the UNE community