5 - 7 years
Posted 35 days ago
The Director participates in financial planning and reporting, budgeting, and monitoring of Education resources. In addition, the Director provides administrative leadership and follow-through to committees responsible for Education activities; participates on committees or task forces as assigned; and communicates ideas, coaches, mentors, and facilitates employment and performance management of Financial Aid and Registrar personnel. Additional function-specific responsibilities include:
• Management and strategic planning for the Office of Student Financial Aid.
• Awarding of federal, state, and institutional financial assistance.
• Compliance with institutional, state, and federal regulations.
• Primary contact for education debt management for MCCMS students, residents, and fellows.
• Tri-site management of student records and registration activities for each of the credit-awarding schools within MCCMS.
• Provides leadership to the Student Services Program Manager to whom staff with direct responsibility for transcript maintenance and verification, academic registration, graduation certification, and professional and medical licensure certification report.
• Represent the Office of the Registrar as its senior administrator when engagement with MCCMS leaders, auditors, and accreditation agencies is necessary or prudent in matters of strategy, policy, and practice.
• Partner with the CALC Administrator to assure MCCMS is in compliance with applicable laws and that mandated disclosures and reporting are performed. Principle responsibility for this compliance work is held by the CALC Administrator and includes reporting and/or disclosures in connection with: Student Right-to-Know; Family Education Right to Privacy Act (FERPA); Campus Crime and Campus Drug Free Workplace; Federal, state, and third party reporting for MCCMS; coordination of the registration process for MCCMS to legally operate as a private institution of higher education in the state of Minnesota; and other relevant existing and emerging reporting requirements.
• Assist CALC Administrator with submission of Minnesota Office of Management and Budget proposals for capitation funding from the Minnesota Legislature.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of five years of progressively responsible financial aid experience required. Must have experience in managing student financial aid programs and services and federal and state student financial aid programs. Master’s degree in higher education administration, finance, business, or related field and seven years of progressively responsible financial aid experience preferred. Experience in (or evidence of close partnership with) student records, registration, and student records regulations is preferred.
Candidates should possess skills in managing a team of professionals. Broad knowledge of the financial aid industry and profession including experience managing the full range of federal and state student financial aid programs; skills necessary to work with financial aid information and formulas for determining need, budgeting, and accounting. Experience in (or evidence of close
partnership with) student records, registration, student records regulations, and student accounts is preferred. Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and database applications and proficiency in report preparation and presentation. In keeping with Mayo Clinic values, the Director must possess strong human relations skills, the ability to work collaboratively to build rapport with others at all levels of responsibility, and a commitment to quality improvement principles and measures.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum salary every 2 weeks is approx $3,381.60, based on a full-time position.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Administration, Business, Finance
Job posting number