The Director of Student Employment Services is responsible for the management of the student employment function at Syracuse University for students seeking part-time employment either on or off campus. This includes the development and administration of student employment programs, reporting and oversight to ensure compliance with Federal Work Study guidelines.
In addition, the position will work very closely with Career Services to more closely link, where appropriate, part time job experiences with future career aspirations.
• Bachelor’s degreerequired, master’s degreepreferred.
• Minimum 5 years of prior accounting, financial or other analytic experience.
• Proficiency in Excel
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
• Strong analytical skills
• Knowledge of Business Analytic tools i.e. Oracle, SAS, Hyperion, and Tableau.
Job Specific Qualifications
• Lead collaboration and outreach with campus departments, including student-oriented services, to identify needs, enhance the services provided by HRSES and educate the campus community on the essential fit and function of HRSES on campus.
• Develop and implement student employment training for students and hiring department staff.
• Coordinate participation in national student employee of the yearevents.
• Lead the campus student employment advisory board.
• Represent SU in the regional and/or national Student Employment Association.
• Effective management and reconciliation of annual budget and off campus federal work study paymaster accounts.
• Identification, development and implementation of new student employment strategies and programs to meet campus and student needs.
• Management responsibility for the student employment office including supervision of 4-5 part-time student employees.
• Administration, oversight and compliance with the employment (on and off campus) of students who are funded through the Federal Work Study program and non Federal Work Study Program.
• Administration of Job Locator Development program to generate non-work study employment opportunities for students.
• Promote, monitor and develop community service employment opportunities for students receiving federal work study awards.
• Monitor and reconcile the FWS programs to the General Ledger and resolve any discrepancies.
• Direct efforts to identify and communicate student employment opportunities for federal work study and non-federal work study positions on and off campus including the administration of the campus job posting system for student job seekers.
• Provide HRsupport for over 4,000 student employees annually including employment records and I-9 documentation, problem resolution, mediation and advocacy, departmental support and training.
• Provide support for the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Programs for annual FISAPreport and audit.