Duties and Responsibilities
- CONDUCTADMINISTRATION: Serves as the Chief Student Conduct Administrator for Loyola University Chicago.
- OVERSIGHT: Coordinates all aspects of the University Student Conduct System such that incidents of alleged misconduct by students and student groups are promptly and fairly investigated and resolved according to the Community Standards and the University’s Student Code of Conduct.
- OVERSIGHT: Provides comprehensive leadership, management, and vision for the OSCCR. Maintains a comprehensive student conduct process that incorporates principles of restorative justice and is aligned with national best practices, current case law, and the University’s mission.
- CONFLICT RESOLUTION: Provides conflict resolution services including conflict coaching and facilitative mediation, and assists with student advocacy and problem solving as assigned.
- OVERSIGHT: Coordinates the regular revision and publication of the Community Standards and Student Code of Conduct, and supports University’s compliance efforts with the Clery Act, Title IX, and other related legislation.
- SUPERVISION: Directly supervises two full-time employees (FTE) within the OSCCR, and indirectly supervises one FTE, one graduate assistant, and multiple student assistants (hourly).
- ASSESSMENT: Tracks data to contribute to the assessment of OSCCR services, and reports data as requested.
- TITLE IX: In collaboration with the Title IX Deputy Coordinator for the Division of Student Development, ensures the timely, impartial, and effective resolution of all Title IX complaints involving student parties.
- BUDGET: Manages and oversees the OSCCR budget.
- AUXILIARY: Serves as a permanent member of the EthicsLine administrative team, investigating and resolving confidential reports of misconduct within the University community.
- AUXILIARY: Serves as a core member of the Behavioral Concerns Team.
- OTHER: Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
Master’s Degree in Higher Education or related field and at least three to five years of relevant experience in a University or College setting.
- Impeccable personal ethics and student-centered philosophy
- Strong planning, analytical and creative skill sets.
- Superb verbal communications skills, including capability and confidence in speaking with others.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.