We are looking for strategy and planning leader to form and lead a team that is a critical part of defining our path forward. This “hands on” role will work closely with product line managers, business development, marketing, sales, engineering and various business groups to develop strategic direction through rigorous analyses, focus on our customers, and creative thinking for our business. A strategic thought leader and partner for the senior management team in building robust plans that help achieve strategic imperatives. This professional will play an essential role in creating and implementing a strategic product plan inclusive of research, analytics, branding, communications and product management. Part analyst, part strategist, part manager, this highly motivated and creative professional should be able to quickly assimilate into the business and evaluate the current state and efficiently address opportunities for growth. You are responsible for the definition and evolution of our overall business to business strategy, for identifying organic and inorganic growth opportunities where we can create structural advantage, and for driving product and customer-centric initiatives
Reporting to Vice President, Product Management, T-Mobile For Business, you will be charged with driving critical projects to advance our priorities, growth, and long-range plans. You will be asked to mentor and lead team members through efforts including T-Mobile for Business growth, customer experience innovation, portfolio management, competitive and business consumer insights, business development, M&A, and special projects for the T-Mobile For Business Leadership Team. Your focus will be on how to best drive long-term, value-creating opportunities through deep partnership with leaders and stakeholders across the company.
We are looking for someone who combines intelligence, excellent problem solving, strategic mindset, natural curiosity, humility, and a strong work ethic to join the team and grow the function.
STUFF WE'LLTRUSTYOU WITH
- Drive strategy initiative identification, planning, and success. Activities include:Identify opportunities and drive innovation in customer experience through new business models and/or new capabilities
- Identify key issues, structure problems, and develop work plans that drive value creation
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis, including financial modeling
- Manage regular cadence of reporting and synthesize key insights
- Provide leadership and support to cross-functional work streams
- Synthesize findings, develop presentations, and communicate action items/ recommendations to senior management and leadership team
- Support recurring efforts to drive insights and build knowledge of key market, competitor, and business consumer dynamics. Activities include:Design and development of business models and market strategies for organizational effectiveness.
- Analyze competitor strategies and performance to identify threats/opportunities across channels and geographies
- Mine business consumer insights data to identify actionable opportunities.
- Support cross-functional business partners with analytic insights and problem solving
- Develop a function that supports and drives product management for new and existing products inclusive of: product definition in partnership with engineering, competitive analysis, pricing strategies, channel and go to market strategies, and white papers
- Serve as a mentor / leader for more junior team members to support work planning, hypotheses generation, issue identification, analytical framework development, and career development/growthEstablish strategic need for partnerships and execute partnership agreements to meet strategic objectives
- End-to-end project ownership including research (internal and externally supported), analysis, hypothesis formulation and testing, market and financial modeling, presentation development and delivery
- Work with internal and external groups as appropriate for market research and sizing, business case validation, competitor analyses, pricing analyses, etc.
- In partnership with finance, develop and run comprehensive financial models and analyses, including pro formas, business operating plans, projected investment returns, scenario analyses
- Establish relationships with consultants and determine efficiencies with firms utilized by the company
- Establish and manage product portfolio model for T-Mobile for Business
- Work with the Leadership team to define strategy and KPIs for the organization and function
- Generate reports, research and analytics of internal & external performance metrics and other special topics
- Establish and defines high-impact, long term (5+ years) business strategies
- Works with leadership team to develop short to long term (usually 2 years or more) business plans and forecasting models. Prepares implementation strategies including execution plans, resource allocations and process accountabilities.
- Tracks financial, sales and market data to evaluate actual performance and makes recommendations to business leaders on performance target achievement.
- Develops data-driven analyses to optimize resources and ensure that business plans can be translated into financial value.
- Builds financially sound, executable, data-driven business strategies that improve the company's shareholder value
- Demonstrates thought leadership by coaching and advising VP, SVP and other company executives.
- Provides business rational and risk assessment for making company investments in their area of focus.
- Serve as a thought partner and liaison with business partners at all levels, proactively identifying and communicating business issues and sharing best practices
STUFFYOU TELLPEOPLEAT PARTIES
- 15+ years of professional work experience, with experience in mobile wireless, enterprise networking, enterprise security, enterprise and service provider telecommunications, and strategic management consulting or corporate business development or corporate strategy
- Experience developing and implementing value creation initiatives, such as innovation incubation, pricing strategy/optimization, joint ventures, M&A activities, etc
- Strong interest in and knowledge of telecommunications industry
- Team leadership experience with multiple direct reports
- Demonstrated track record as an outstanding problem-solver and strategic thinker
- Comfort with analytical and financial modeling, ability to work with large / complex data sources, and deep understanding of how to link strategy to implementation / financial plans
- Able to quickly identify key issues and develop hypotheses
- Able to work in and bring structure to ambiguous environments independently
- Able to synthesize disperse information into effective strategies and innovative insights, translating complex ideas into simple, actionable recommendations
- Very strong written and oral communicator with proven ability to connect with senior executives
- Strong ability and willingness to collaborate effectively; works well with others and is considered a true team player
- Very strong project and process management skills, including ability to independently disaggregate problems into defined work plans
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Top tier MBA and minimum of 15 years experience post MBA in top-tier consulting firm, corporate strategy/corporate business development, or investment bank with a focus on telecommunications
- Bachelor degree in engineering or economics