Since the beginning, we’ve been inspired by everything women and girls are capable of, whether they’re serious athletes or just getting into fitness. We create versatile premium performance apparel designed for a life in motion. Challenge fuels us and we are always reaching for the amazing.
We’re looking for looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences – join our community. Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
The strategy function at Athleta is a critical part of defining our path forward. Through rigorous analysis, focus on the competition and customer, creative thinking, and deep partnership with the key stakeholders across the business, we help drive profitable growth and increased market share.
As Director, you will be charged with managing critical projects to advance our priorities, growth, and long range planning. You will be in the unique position to connect broadly with leaders in the brand, and bring together the best strategic thinking to drive our brand forward. You will manage a team including a Sr. Analyst and a Manager and will work cross-functionally both within Athleta, as well as with our Corporate Strategy team at Inc. You will be instrumental in setting and driving brand strategy as well as exploring new business development to drive long-term, value-creating opportunities for the Athleta brand.
Develop and drive Athleta brand including initiative identification, planning, and success.
• Identify key issues, structure problems, and develop workplans that drive value creation across Athleta
• Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis, including financial modeling
• Manage regular cadence of reporting and synthesize key insights
• Provide leadership and support to cross-functional workstreams
• Synthesize findings, develop presentations, and communicate action items/ recommendations to senior management and leadership team
• Identify opportunities and drive innovation in customer experience through new business models and/or new capabilities
• Support development of annual Long Range Plan, including development of cross-functional strategies and initiatives
• Support recurring efforts to drive insights and build knowledge of key market, competitor, and consumer dynamics. Activities include:
• Analyze competitor strategies and performance to identify threats/opportunities across channels and geographies
• Mine consumer insights data to identify actionable opportunities for Gap Inc.
• Support cross-functional business partners with analytic insights and problem solving
• Serve as a thought partner and liaison with business partners within Athleta and across Gap Inc. Corporate Strategy, including proactively identifying and communicating business issues and sharing best practices
• Serve as a mentor / leader for more junior team members to support work planning, hypotheses generation, issue identification, analytical framework development, and career development/growth
• 8+ years of professional work experience, preferably with some experience in retail and strategic management consulting
• Team leadership experience with multiple direct reports
• Demonstrated track record as an outstanding problem-solver and strategic thinker
• Comfort with analytical and financial modeling, ability to work with large / complex data sources, and deep understanding of how to link strategy to implementation / financial plans
• Able to quickly identify key issues and develop hypotheses
• Able to work in and bring structure to ambiguous environments independently
• Able to synthesize disperse information into effective strategies and innovative insights, translating complex ideas into simple, actionable recommendations
• Very strong written and oral communicator with proven ability to connect with senior executives
• Strong ability and willingness to collaborate effectively; works well with others and is considered a true team player
• Very strong project and process management skills, including ability to independently disaggregate problems into defined workplans
• Able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
• MBA with 4+ years’ experience at a leading strategy consulting firm, top-tier financial services or technology company
• Strong interest in and knowledge of retail industry, preferably with some experience in apparel
• Strong business acumen related to consumer-facing businesses and ability to assess impact of decisions on overall business performance
• Excellent interpersonal and people leadership skills; strong executive presence
• Able to influence using broad range of styles to drive desired result, especially with cross-functional business partners who are not direct line reports
• Ability to work in the details without losing sight of the big picture and deliver high-quality end-products on time
• Able to identify barriers to successful implementation and capable of working with teams / leaders to mitigate barriers
• Experience with developing and implementing value-creation initiatives, such as innovation initiatives incubation, pricing strategy / optimization, M&A activities, etc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.