The Director, Strategic Sourcing is responsible for leading the development, communication and execution of a worldwide sourcing strategy for a growing $2 billion plus Exclusive Brand business, including Consumable, Useable, Edible (CUE) items.
- Develop and present annually the 3-year strategy for globally sourcing our Exclusive Brand.
- Be the face of Strategic Sourcing at TSC: Influencing, advising, presenting and contributing as needed one-on-one and in group meetings to assure all involved understand and are on board with our direction.
- Take into consideration research, country trends, regulations, duties, exchange rates, labor rates, raw material costs, lead times, testing, factory strategy and cost of goods (including logistics costs/ stem mile mapping) in the strategy development.
- Outline the factory, production, process, systems needs for the future Exclusive Brand items focusing on top areas for saving and growth.
- Lead the sourcing area in finding, evaluating and executing factories that will support our Exclusive Brand items.
- Lead and manage the factory and agent relationships, evaluation and selection.
- Oversee and direct research, maintenance and organization of sourcing data.
- Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to assure clear and concise communication of relevant trends and their expected effect.
- Drive the bid/rebid process and lead negotiations where appropriate.
- Product/Order Execution:
- Lead the timeline management and execution process on Exclusive Brands to achieve continuous improvement and profit growth.
- Lead in partnering withinternal and external stake holders including product Development, Agents, Factories, Import, Logistics, Planning, Inventory, QC/QA, Omni Channel, and Merchants taking responsibility for assuring timely execution and issue resolution.
- Assure process is in place and all are trained to drive the production and contingency planning with an eye toward continuous improvement of timelines and costs.
- Assure timeliness, completion and accuracy of vendor and SKU set up, audit, testing and QC for Exclusive Brands.
- Systems and Process improvement:
- Document processes and continuously improve the systems and processes relevant to sourcing.
- Travel/Vendor Summits: Lead the planning and coordination of sourcing factory trips and agent summits relating to Exclusive Brand.
- Coordinate with domestic and overseas team to assure efficient and productive travel for all overseas and domestic sourcing trips.
- Lead the planning and execution on foreign vendor or agent summits or top to top meeting with import factories.
Experience: 7+ years of experience in sourcing and/or product development and management of direct and indirect reports required.
Education: Bachelor’s degreerequired; advanced degree in relevant field a plus.
- Significant worldwide travel and work with factories, specifically in China required, Asia and Central and South America are a plus.
- Experience leading and/or working closely with QA/QC; Sourcing, Buying, Manufacturing and technical experience in hardlines is preferred.
- Large multi-channelretail and/or wholesale experience (Fortune 500) preferred.
- Expertise in negotiations, production and contingency planning; familiarity working with overseas offices/agents required.
- Experience with PLM and PIM systems preferr