The Director of Strategic Sourcing – Food and Beverage (F&B) is responsible for leading and directing all strategic sourcing activities for assigned categories relating to F&B such as groceries, proteins and beverages for MGM Resorts International and its subsidiary companies. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices and procedures.
- Develop and lead a team of sourcing commodity professionals
- Execute and broaden “best-practice” sourcing techniques
- Provide oversight and direction of strategic sourcing efforts for assigned F&B related products and services required by the company’s portfolio of properties
- Data management and analysis by reviewing and ensuring that thorough financial, spend, supplier and market analysis are completed for all sourcing projects
- Lead cross-functional project teams to ensure successful project launches, implementation and compliance
- Supplier selection & contracting by review and approval of the Request for Proposal (RFP) documents prior to issuance to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Work closely with Supplier Diversity team to ensure contract opportunities are made available to diverse suppliers when possible
- Review and approve award recommendations and scenarios, based on identifying the best supplier(s) to provide the right products, the right quality, at the right time for the best overall value
- Oversee project implementation
- Lead program compliance & maintenance in the development and implementation of solutions to identified issues
- Facilitate supplier performance reviews. Track and manage supplier performance using Key Performance Indicators
- Work in conjunction with Corporate Legal to negotiate and execute supplier contracts
- Support social responsibility initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years of procurement experience with emphasis in F&B categories with spend responsibility of at least $50M.
- Knowledge of hospitality and casino operation as it relates to F&B.
- At least 5 years of strategic sourcing experience with a focus on F&B sourcing.
- At least 5 years of supervisory experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.