The Telecommunications Business delivers telecommunication infrastructure solutions to utilities, local and state government agencies and the commercial wireless industry. Through a unique combination of experience, expert resources and innovative solutions, Black & Veatch supports the entire range of both legacy and emerging technologies used in today’s wireless and wireline networks, voice, video, Internet and data systems and utility automation.
Development and execution of the supplier engagement strategy for both services and materials, based on business line needs and supply market analysis. Lead supplier evaluations andcontractnegotiations. Reduce cost through improved supplier performance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and implement sourcing and supplier strategies that improve vendor performance and drive lower costs
- Maintain awareness of changing market conditions, as well as strategic business directions, that create opportunities for cost savings
- Lead the process of identifying, prequalifying and recommending potential suppliers in support of Telecom Business Line needs
- Benchmark and validate the “should” cost of services and materials
- Prepare, issue and evaluate competitive Requests for Proposals
- Develop contract templates and in conjunction with Legal, review and negotiate commercial terms and conditions to minimize costs and maximize payment terms for spend
- Resolve contractual issues and disputes
- Provide proposal support for subcontract labor and materials
- Establish supplier performance indicators (cost, quality, schedule and safety); measure and report performance against goals
- Communicate with vendors on performance improvements, cost reductions, and maintenance of quality standards
- Assess current state situation and spend data, make sourcing recommendations, initiate spend-optimization projects
- Maintain supplier relationships and strategic alliances
- Establish supply chain contingency plans for sole source or critical items to prevent supply chain interruption
- Provide Purchasing & Logistics with support for procurement items
Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
BA or BS degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Technical / Engineering, Construction Management or related field preferred. Years of relevant experience can substitute for a degree.
- 8+ years experience, preferably in the Telecom industry
- Skilled knowledge and application of supply chain processes
- Talent development skills, mentoring