DIRECTOR, STRATEGIC SOURCINGFinance•IrvineApply Now
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers worldwide.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a Director of Strategic Sourcing who would be responsible for the leadership, transformation, strategy, and execution of complex, long-term category sourcing strategies across Blizzard. The role will be responsible for leading the charge toevaluate new suppliers, to negotiate current contracts with an emphasis on price, terms, quality, and to execute on consolidation opportunities. This is an exciting opportunity tobe a part of a newly formed internal Strategic Sourcing function in a fast-paced and dynamic business in the entertainment industry. This individual would work closely withkey stakeholders across the organization to develop effective cost reduction strategies and implementation plans. The ideal candidate is an independent, self-motivated leader with a proven track record of proactively identifying process efficiencies, anticipating business needs, and implementing solutions across the organization.
- Understand the business, its competitive environment, and appropriate benchmarks; drive forecasting process and analyze trends; mentor employees.
- Oversee development and execution of strategies through the sourcing process for specific categories of spend.
- Drive the process to select, evaluate, onboard suppliers.
- Develop RFP’s and negotiate new contracts.
- Oversee a systematic, analytical and results-based method for monitoring supplier's performance and communicate results to suppliers and end business stakeholders.
- Manage issues and quality concerns with supplies to ensure timely resolution.
- Manage the development and training of category sourcing team members.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness; perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking; consistently seek process optimization; articulate ideas clearly demonstrating effect on the bottom line.
- Monitor strategy implementation.
- Collaborate effectively with ATVI Global Strategic Sourcing in a matrixed environment.
- Drive annual productivity improvements and cost savings initiatives in each spend category.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field of study.
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience, 4+ in a management capacity, ideallyat a multinational company.
- Strategic Sourcing or Procurement Experience is required (7-10 years) with a strategic (not transactional) focus
- Deep experience managing sourcing in the Tech (hardware, software, networks, technical services) category
- Strategic mindset and solid analytical skills.
- Strong negotiating skills and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to work with stakeholders across an organization.
- Quantitative Analysis (financial or price modeling-both creation of model itself and performing the analysis from which a negotiation strategy is determined, requires comprehension of complex business objectives and a high level of attention to detail) is required
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Project Management (medium to large scale); able to handle and prioritize multipleprojects.
- Demonstrated ability to roll up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-onmanagement capacity.
- Able to work independently, with limited direction and limited ability to delegate.