Stryker is one of the world’s leading medicaltechnology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to makehealthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medicaltechnologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexualorientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Basic FunctionDevelop, direct, execute and lead the strategic sales business strategy that positions our product portfolio for accelerated growth in each customer segment of our business. Strengthen our market position through unique contracting and pricing strategies that create competitive advantages for the product portfolio while continuously enhancing market knowledge & expertise on the changing healthcare landscape.
- Partner with the sales team to foster relationships with key accounts and develop strategies for local and national programs and agreements
- Work with the sales team to identify/assess business opportunities and to drive program and account performance
- Identify, develop and maintain effective internal and external business relationships; ensure key contacts are maintained throughout the sales process and post-sale activities
- Work closely with cross-divisional branches to drive collaboration and improve return on investment for Stryker, especially the Stryker Healthcare Systems (HCS) team
- Responsible for providing educational resources to the salesforce on changing healthcare environment, buying trends, value creation, supply chain initiatives, reimbursement, accountable care, etc.
- Provide timely, informative data that enables management to make effective pricing and programming decisions
- Develop and implement summary and exception reports to validate program performance; present results of programs to management
- Partner with Finance, Marketing, Sales Operations and Pricing Teams to better analyze, assess and process contracting / pricing related decisions
- Identify opportunities to maximize business by converting various GPO and IDN agreements from competitive accounts
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Must be able to review printed materials
- Must be able to communicate with large groups of people
- Must be able to communicate telephonically
- Must be able to use common office equipment (e.g. calculator, PC, fax machine, etc.)
- Must be able to travel up to 70% annually
- Must be able to generate and explain detailed forecasts, guidelines and procedures
- Must be able to analyze and resolve non-routine sales issues using independent judgment
- Must be able to routinely make decisions which may affect immediate sales operations and have a divisional effect
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated effective managerial skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- 5 plus years related sales and/or marketing experience
- Competency negotiating complex and profitable business contracts
• Fundamental Computer Skills
- B.A. or B.S.