The position is responsible for the development of Anda’s pricing strategy in the marketplace. Solid understanding of pharmaceutical economics and wholesale/retail dynamic pricing is required. Multiple pricing designs need to be deployed to serve the diverse customer base and be market competitive. Position must collaborate heavily with Contracts, Sales, Marketing, Procurement and Finance teams.
The Director of Strategic Pricing will be responsible for margin/profitability, pricing systems, pricing analytics, pricing governance and a sizeable team responsible for overall strategy and direction, specific customer pricing contracts and daily execution of pricing and price changes
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Develop the pricing strategy and oversees the pricing processes for generic distributed, manufactured, brand and other products and services to provide support to all facets of the commercial organizations on all matters relating to pricing, contracts, and profitability.
- Study pharmaceuticals economics and regulations which impact pricing. Research on various pricing theories, development and trends in the wholesale/retail/institutional/direct to consumer areas.
- Develop models and analyses for commercial pricing segments, customer bids and all pricing elements, gross to net.
- Implement new pricing system and advanced pricing science and other analytics for more effective establishment of price and proactive price changes.
- Manage and direct pricing personnel to effectively monitor pricing trends for the changing customer and competitor landscape in the pharmaceutical marketplace.
- Accountable to develop and maintain SOPs, SOX, system integrity and compliance with all government regulations for the Pricing Department.
- Expand knowledge and experience by regular engagement with key stakeholders to understand business processes, policies, strategies and evolving business trends.
- Oversee, participate in and approve the interviewing, hiring and training of departmental employees. Conducts performance evaluation for direct reports and provide coaching and assistance to subordinate managers in the areas of disciplinary action.
- Identify and champion high potential/ high performing talent
- Ensures compliance with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
- Minimum of 8 years directly related to dynamic and responsible pricing experience
- Pharmaceutical or related industry pricing experience with large customer base and large product portfolio
- Management, design and development of teams larger than 10 persons
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical generic and brand products and their indication
- Gross profit understanding, management and responsibility
- Pricing, financial and analytical skills in Health Care Life Sciences
- Ability to create strategies and detailed financial analyses on customer segment, therapeutics categories etc
- Prior automated or dynamic pricing software experience
- Customer experience and negotiation skills
- Strong problem solving and issue resolution capabilities, strong program management capabilities and business case analysis skills are also required
- Collaboration with Sales, Marketing, Procurement and Finance functions
- Ability to influence others and create alignment in a multi-stakeholder environment is critical to success
- Self-starter and strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to implement strategies based on competitive dynamics, economic goals, and customer needs
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments and ability to manage complexity is required
- Strong leadership, influencing skills and the ability to partner with and manage diverse teams is required.
- Strong communication and presentation capabilities