Director Strategic Pricing
5 - 7 years experience •
Director Strategic Pricing ? US Operations
Supervises two Strategic Pricing Managers
Located in Florham Park, NJ.
The Director provides strategic and analytical thought leadership and insight to the Business Units? Commercial Leaders and their teams on all aspects of commercial pricing, commercial policy and specific pricing decisions.
The role includes :
- Leveraging in-depth understanding of industry value drivers and profit realization across the entire chain (manufacturers, distributors, veterinarians, producers, packers, ?) and relevant trends to design strategic pricing strategies
- Advising commercial teams on new product, service and solution pricing, including performing external pricing research when relevant, leading the annual price review and optimization process during the Operating Plan cycle
- Supporting the establishment and renewal of contracts with Key Accounts, including approaches that recognize the specific dynamics of individual customers
- Proactively challenging the status quo with the goal to improve the effectiveness of pricing strategies
- Monitoring outcomes of and propose refinements to pricing strategies and tactics
- Collaborating with other regions? pricing teams to share best practices and tools
- Lead a team of two Strategic Pricing Managers and assisting them in their skills and career development.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of pricing and value drivers across the multiple segments of the US Animal Health business,
- Understand and translate economic, industry and competitive trends into optimal pricing strategies for the company's wide range of customers
- Improve existing and develop new pricing models to assess the benefits expected from pricing programs, to analyze their outcomes, and prepare recommendations for improvements
- Lead the identification, assessment and implementation of new pricing strategies that will be relevant and attractive to our customers, will leverage assets and create/sustain competitive advantage
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales and Finance personnel on a daily basis to optimize our pricing programs, refine our estimations of price elasticity and with our Sales Operations and Business Analytics teams to enhance our analytical capabilities
- Collaborate with commercial leadership to build colleague competencies in creating successful pricing strategies and in analyzing their outcomes
- Collaborate with Finance to align on accounting and management reporting implications of pricing programs and strategic contract structures, and to properly characterize Net Realized Price and Pricing waterfalls,
- Contribute to the assessment and implementation of optimal strategies for our Solutions offerings (Products, Services, Expertise) and for any collaboration that may arise from Business Development opportunities,
- On occasion, be a member of the negotiating team with key accounts or existing or new business partners,
- Take part in the implementation of Model N and SAP solutions, and oversee enhancements to the Pricing Portal application
- Lead the US Strategic Pricing Team in achieving their annual objectives and coach the development of two Managers. Advise other regions on the development of their pricing colleagues.
Primary Working Relationships
US Business Unit Leaders, Heads of Marketing, Sales and members of their teams, US Finance Leads, Business Operations and Business Analytics teams, Global Pricing Team.
Required Education and Qualifications
- An MBA in Finance and/or Marketing, or equivalent education, and 5 to 7 years of demonstrable success in a strategic pricing function are required
- Demonstrated success in leading a Strategic Pricing function
- In-depth expertise of pricing analytics and modeling, and the dynamics of animal health value generation
- Ability to proactively translate consumer and/or business-to-business value drivers into innovative and relevant pricing strategies and tactics
- Understanding of consumer pricing and industrial pricing mechanisms required, knowledge of animal health and /or agri-marketing a plus
- Familiarity with detailed customer and product segmentation approaches and how to tailor different offerings to different segments or product categories
- Understanding of relevant accounting principles and their implications on Gross to Net calculations and reporting,
- Ability to simultaneously manage and provide leadership on numerous projects, demonstrated ability to work in high performance teams and a willingness to progress within the organization,
- Ability to work independently and to build collaborative working relationships with senior members of the business and finance teams
- Practical knowledge of international pricing environments, SAP or Model N are relevant assets.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, with the ability to effectively engage at different levels of the organization
- Successful experience in managing and developing people,
- Computer literacy and aptitude to work on system based financial applications. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, Access, and PowerPoint, SAP and Model N,
- Must be open to occasional travel.