The role will be a key interface with the Healthcare Business Areas (HBAs) and Regional Areas (RAs), facilitating alignment of the Siemens Healthcare (SHC) strategy with the HBA and RA strategies. The selected candidate will play a leadership role in implementing and managing a SHC-wide process for execution and regular tracking of HBA and RA strategies and milestone achievement. The selected candidate will also assist the Head of Strategic Planning in developing and completing special projects (typically cross-HBA/RA) across SHC. The role will support realization of new growth opportunities in cross-HBA/RA adjacent and white space markets through organic investment via Technology Center (HC SI TC), venturing and/or M&A (HC SI VT).
Specific responsibilities of the Director, Strategy, SHC are:
• Supports in formulation of overall SHC, HBA and RA, including commercial strategy, product strategy, technology strategy, adjacency/white space analysis and competitive analysis
• Provides key input and insight into the analysis of strategic opportunities and challenges for SHC in collaboration with colleagues in the Strategy team (HC SI ST) and broader Strategy and Innovation (HC SI) function
• Interfaces with the HBA and RA Strategy and Business Development groups to assess the strategic fit of external M&A candidates and technology opportunities
• Collaborates with counterparts in the HBA and RA Strategy and Business Development to ensure overall strategic alignment
• Supports execution of annual SHC process while coordinating the inputs with counterparts within the HBAs, RAs and functions
• Performs complex analysis of existing strategy and performance of the HBAs and RAs and provides recommendations for improvements
• Develops strategy communication materials for executive presentations targeting different stakeholder groups
Specific requirements for the Director, Strategy, are:
• Strong understanding of healthcare landscape and the dynamics of the imaging and/or in-vitro diagnostics industry
• Solid background in strategy development and implementation within the healthcare industry
•Experience in project management exhibited by the ability to lead multiple project workstreams involving several functions in a matrix organization
•Strong conceptual problem solving skills exhibited by the ability to approach complex, ambiguous business problems and formulate pathways towards a solution from first principles
•Excellent PowerPoint skills with the ability to create compelling documents with a clear storyline
•Strong quantitative and financial analysis skills
•High degree of flexibility exhibited in a “can do" attitude
•Excellent collaboration, presentation, and organizational skills
•High level of intellectual curiosity, self-motivated to solve difficult issues, continually seeking ways to improve.
•Undergraduate Degree and post Graduate Degree (MBA) is required. Post-MBA experience from a top tier management consulting firm is required. Strategic Marketing / Upstream Marketing experience within the Medical Device industry is preferred.
•Demonstrated business expertise and knowledge (business acumen), deep understanding of the Medical Device industry (especially in-vivo and/or in-vitro diagnostics), and the ability to lead cross-functional, global consulting projects internally and/or externally
•Typically 7 to 10 years of successful commercial related (Marketing, Sales, Business Development) or directly related function in a industry or consulting capacity with successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above.
Requisition Number: 223266