About the Team
The Strategic Planning team is new to the Pottery Barn Brands. This team leads critical in-season and pre-season business processes including reporting and forecasting. Additionally, the team works closely with internal business partners - merchandising, inventory management, marketing, finance, and the stores - to identify and implement strategies to optimize sales, inventory, and margin. We are looking for someone who is a true owner of their business and will contribute creative new ideas. We seek a candidate who loves using data to tell the story and a team player who goes above and beyond!
About the Role
The Director of Strategic Planning will manage projects supporting methodology development, process improvement, quantitative analysis, and technology/tool requirements related to tops down planning, promotional processes and pricing strategy. Pricing work includes event hind sighting, pricing effectiveness & optimization as well as business evaluation reporting. In addition to owning improvements in reporting, tools & approaches, the Director is expected to be instrumental in the identification of key issues, execution of analysis, development of conclusions and presentation of findings and recommendations.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
* Lead the processes coordinating multiple functional areas to hit key milestones and make decisions on time with quality related to promotions, markdowns, and other inventory related actions.
* Lead the coordination and improvement of the Pottery Barn promotional process including calendar management, meeting facilitation, relevant business analyses and tool improvement.
* Provide weekly and monthly reporting of OTB, promotions, and seasonal assortment performance to help leadership and business partners make decisions.
* Generate tops down forecasts with accompanying recommendations and analysis to inform markdown and promotional decisions.
* Summarize and analyze large data sets to provide recommendations to help business leaders make decisions.
* Quickly and efficiently run Ad-Hoc analysis to support leadership decision making.
* Identify, prioritize, and initiate process improvements to increase effectiveness of strategic planning and cross-functional partners - Merchandising, Planning, Marketing, and Finance.
* Provide financial guidance & support to the leadership team in all aspects of the creation and in-season managing of financial budgets.
* Partner cross functionally to develop and execute integrated marketing plans to support promotions.
* Determine depth of discount and promotional cadence to deliver incremental sales while maintaining product margin goals.
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
* We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
* A technologically and data-driven business
* Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
* We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
* We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
* We get to be creative on a daily basis
* A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
* We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
* We have fun!
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
We're excited about you because...
* 7-10 years' experience in a Company Planning, Merchandise Planning or Financial Analysis role.
* Strong technical Excel skills. SQL skills preferred but not required
* We're looking for someone who drives to deadlines, anticipates and addresses conflicts, negotiates well, and delivers great outcomes.
* Demonstrated ability to define new process as well as enhance existing ones. We're looking for someone who jumps in, learns quickly, and improves the team's performance.
* Flexibility - open to change, doing what it takes to get the best outcomes, comfortable with ambiguity and change in a fast-paced environment
* Good verbal and written communication skills for delivering non-technical presentations that influence business partners and upper management.
* Pride yourself on the quality of work and are a stickler for the details. Demonstrates self-management and initiative.
* Must be able to quickly, clearly, and concisely present analytical data and propose solutions in an organized manner to groups.
* MBA a plus.