Director Strategic Planning & Innovation
The ideal candidate will possess the skills and knowledge sought below but, of equal importance, he or she will be self-motivated, possess a positive attitude, and be a creative thinker. This is a “hands-on” position that requires both strategic and tactical aptitude but primarily focuses on strategic initiatives. The role will work across the global organization and will be responsible for gaining the support of recommended strategic directions in a competitive atmosphere. The successful candidate will be comfortable working with all levels of the organization.
Develop go-to-market strategies for identified growth initiatives.
- With commercial, engineering and business development teams use knowledge sharing of customer prioritization, vehicle & segment trends, and understanding of Voice of Customer.
- With Advanced Engineering team use understanding of innovation strategies that provide solutions to industry megatrends by developing specific actions to go-to-market
Lead cross-functional collaboration with commercial, engineering, purchasing, operations and business development teams.
- Responsible to identify and recommend the solution(s) to gaps including, but not limited to:
- Supplier agreements with engineering and purchasing
- Strategic alliances, joint ventures and/or Joint Development Agreements with engineering and purchasing
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Customer base expansion with Commercial Excellence
- Organic growth investments including new plants and/or capabilities
Act as an entrepreneur that drives action.
- Lead the analysis to define position in markets with customers and versus competition to support recommendations
- With global commercial and business development teams use knowledge sharing of customer footprint needs versus client company footprint/gaps
- Demonstrated results in strategic planning, business development and/or venture related responsibilities
- Financial acumen, particularly in strategic decision-making and venture related analysis
- Automotive Industry experience in strategic planning or ventures activities
- Ability to take initiative with minimal guidance but collaborative in business approach
- Self-motivated to define and drive continuous improvement of processes
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills within cross-functional teams across multiple regions
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or similar area required MBA in finance or related field preferred
- International business experience a plus
- 5+ years of experience
- Travel20-30% domestically and internationally (specific projects may require additional travel for periods of time)