Job Description for Advertising Purposes
The Director of Strategic Leadership Management will work to build a top-notch talent management organization and define a practical, applicable leadership development framework, creating innovative and integrated talent management and development strategies that drive business results. A conceptual thinker with real-world solutions and proven ability to execute and partner closely with our innovative Learning & Development Team and to cross train and coach HR Business Partners, this leader will help build critical foundational and next-gen people capabilities in a high-change environment. Reporting to the SVP, Talent Management, Organizational Development, and Inclusion & Diversity, this leader will collaborate with teams across the business to create and consistently deliver a variety of sticky programmatic solutions that foster great habits including but not limited to inclusive functional, leadership, and professional development that grow talent along with the business.
Day to Day:
- Help build and vet a compelling leadership development strategy that leverages the business, talent, and people strategies.
- Oversee program design and development for business-specific and enterprise talent management solutions to ensure programs support our culture and organizational objectives.
- Co-create consistent approaches for individual contributors, teams, and leaders across all talent segments – inclusive of smart processes, development experiences, and coaching methods that add value – and ensure talent management and development practices bridge across divisions, functions, and geographies.
- Champion a culture of continuous performance management as a pillar for leaders at all levels, helping build a system that people truly want to use.
- Help spread learning and empowerment across the organization by embedding belonging, collaboration, and high performance into the culture, supported by research-backed continual assessment of both internal and external best practices and by partnering with and learning from key stakeholders.
- Help determine and measure business impact metrics across all programs, aligning all talent practices and – partnering with the Chief Learning Officer and team – all learning and development solutions to measurable business outcomes that maximize workforce capabilities.
- Help build and support the talent review and succession management processes and consult on ongoing development for key executives and leader segments.
- Leverage OD experience to help develop and drive related aspects of strategic functional, team, and organizational transformations.
- Partner with the entire HR organization to drive connectivity between strategic talent management and leadership development across the full talent lifecycle.
- Collaborate with external partners, as needed, to design, deliver, and continuously improve innovative programs.
- Be a change agent and help others develop their own change capabilities.
- Consult with senior leadership on direction, sponsorship, and ownership of programs and ensure HR preparedness for leading, facilitating, and supporting appropriate development initiatives.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
- High-tech experience particularly in a SaaS environment leading culture transformation from on-premise to Cloud.
- At least 10 years of experience in the talent management and learning and development space with a strong focus in organizational development.
- 5+ years’ experience partnering with global teams and designing and driving continuous performance management
- Skill and experience in the use of psychometrics, coaching tools and practices, performance management systems (Digital HR, Workday), and multiple leader capability models.
- Demonstrated project Strong knowledge in areas of adult learning, talent management leadership and executive development; instructional design a real plus.
- A growth and global mindset and demonstrated success in developing talent strategies, programs, and tactics designed to grow and retain a best-in-class workforce.
- Strong business acumen and a proven record of partnering with leadership and other stakeholders.
Preferred Experience and Knowledge:
- Management experience, including planning and budget oversight.
- Strategic thinking and creativity and flexibility in addressing future challenges in alignment with organizational long-term growth and profitability goals.
- Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, Human Resources, Organizational Development, Adult Education and/or related field.
- Bachelor Degree
- 5 years of HR experience