Working closely with the Contact Centre Executive Team and key stakeholders, the Director participates in the annual prioritization process to ensure initiatives and resources are managed in accordance with the organization's strategies.
The Director partners with key internal units (i.e. Contact Centre Heads, Business Lines, Servicing Countries and Technology Teams) as well as with external entities such as third party suppliers and consultants as needed to ensure business strategies are consistent with the Bank’s objectives; and provides strong leadership and motivate individual and team performance, fostering the creation of a vibrant, energetic and customer-centric work environment.
1. Direct and lead the business strategies, design and delivery of solutions for Global Contact Centres to provide a superior customer and agent experience, increase productivity and gain operational efficiencies by:
- Working closely with the Contact Centre Executive Team and key stakeholders in the creation of a long-term vision and business roadmap for Contact Centres.
- Determining the optimal business design and requirements, including financial and operational feasibility, to meet customers’ and agents’ needs. Recommended priorities will be presented to senior management to obtain authorization and funding
- Ensuring a successful delivery and effectiveness of Contact Centre Solutions, working with cross-functional teams globally (including business lines, technology partners and third party vendors)
- Ensuring there is a strong change management process in place for effective delivery of change to frontline agents and customers
- Maintaining an in-depth understanding of industry trends and opportunities as related to contact centre technology and processes; acting as Subject Matter Expert on contact centre channel.
2. Direct and oversee the Business Program Management Office (BPMO) by:
- Facilitating a robust and mature structure and process for the planning, executing, and monitoring of projects and programs for global Contact Centres.
- Working closely with the Contact Centre Executive Team and key stakeholders to ensure that initiatives and resources are prioritized and managed in accordance with the organization's strategies and objectives.
- Aligning decision making and governance at the appropriate level to ensure that all projects and programs follow established standards for implementation and change management. This includes consistent processes for business case preparation, intake, selection and funding, documentation, management oversight, delivery management, benefit realization and closure.
- Leading staff to ensure project & program results meet requirements regarding quality, reliability, schedule, and cost.
- Developing and maintaining an effective Project PortfolioReporting Process, providing visibility to the Contact Centre Senior Management Team on status, risks, budget and progress for all projects/programs timely.
- Managing and monitoring the Financial Health of Contact Centre Projects/Programs/OI budgets.
- Leading the Vendor Engagement, Selection and Management Processes, including negotiation and management of contractual obligations with third parties.
3. Lead the continuous improvement of Global Contact Centre Solutions by:
- Working closely with the Contact Centre Executive Team and key stakeholders in the identification of continuous improvement opportunities for Contact Centres from the Business Design perspective.
- Negotiating with Technology partners, Business Lines, Contact Centres Heads and other key stakeholders the prioritization and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities upon completion
- Manages the development of plans to optimize Contact Centre tools and technologyinfrastructure to deliver an excellent customer service experience
- Continually challenging the ‘status quo’ through technology innovation & research
4. Contribute to the broader Bank strategy of delivering value-added services (easy for our customers to do business with us), right advice and innovative solutions by:
- Building strategic relationships and developing strategic alliances in Scotiabank and also with external partners in the Contact Centre Industry
- Assessing business line competitive positioning in relevant Canadian and International markets to address evolving customer needs, expressed customer preferences and market trends
- Leading research on key areas of opportunity for the Contact Centre channel to support the development of initiatives aligned with the bank’s strategic priorities
- Providing expert advice, recommendations and support to the Contact Centre Executive Team
5. Provide strong leadership and motivate individual and team performance by:
- Exhibiting strong leadership competencies
- Embedding effective techniques within the groups to create a performance driven culture / enabling frontline to deliver excellent customer experience
- Sharing and integrating knowledge, experience and responsibility when dealing with employees
- Developing strategic relationships within and outside the organization in order to manage change effectively
- 5-10 years of Financial Services / RetailBankingexperience
- Expert knowledge of Retail and Small business products including self-service channels and communication access points to the Contact Centre
- Expert knowledge of Contact Centre channel and solutions (including best in class technology and operating / customer experience models)
- Thorough knowledge of Bank’s systems and emerging technologies in the Contact Centre industry; ability to evaluate solutions and options offered by service providers
- Proven track record of leading the Business Program Management Office and managing large and complex programs, which have significant business, operational and change management components.
- A solid strategy development background including in-depth experience and demonstrated success in leading multi-disciplinary initiatives of varying sizes and complexity, efficiently and effectively, ensuring all elements of change are considered understood and managed.
- Outstanding leadership, communications and interpersonal skills that facilitate a positive and effective team environment at all levels of the organization; proven change agent
- Excellent team leadership, coaching and management skills to effectively develop motivate and manage cross-functional teams to meet tight deadlines and manage and influence others.
- Undergraduatedegree in business or related field. Master degree is considered an asset
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish languages is considered a strong asset
- Total Contact Centre units: 2 (Contact Centre Strategic Initiatives and Business Program Management Office)
- Number of supervised employees: 8 people
- Supported Business lines: Canadian and International Banking
- Working partners: Contact Centre Heads (Canada, Mexico, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Peru, Chile, Colombia), Technology Partners, business lines, external contractors and third party vendors
- Countries Supported: 28
Authority Level / Decision Making/ Direction Received
- The incumbent works with cross-functional business lines and channels using influence/negotiation skills to ensure project objectives are met
- Receives direction of a general and strategic nature from the VP, Contact Centre Design
- High level of autonomy required in assessing day-to-day issues in context of stakeholder and constantly makes decisions of a non routine nature, many without precedent
- Decisions will often have to be made quickly in order to mitigate risk
- Applies creativity and innovation in looking for ways to improve efficiency and reduce costs
- Exercises authority to move projects forward
- The environment in which the incumbent works is characterized by its fast pace, ambiguity, complexity and time pressures. The incumbent faces frequent demanding deadlines for a wide variety of tasks requiring a complicated balance of creativity, cultural sensitivity, business decision-making and administrative efficiency. Deadlines must be met without sacrificing creative and technical integrity. Stress management and coping skills must be highly developed.
- Regular International travelrequired
- Standard office environment
Requisition ID: 21381