The Department of Clinical Practice Association is seeking a full time Director, Strategic Initiatives & Business Planning. This position plays a vital role in execution of strategic priorities and initiatives of the Office of Johns Hopkins Physicians (OJHP) and the SOM Clinical Practice Association. The position will be responsible for managing strategic relationships with executive, administrative, and clinical leadership of JHM. Oversees development and approval of strategic initiatives (ie. new ambulatory clinical hubs, physician practice acquisition, and development of a clinically integrated network). With a direct reportingrelationship to the Senior Director, Strategic Initiatives for the OJHP, this position requires strong organizational, operational and management skills including strategic planning, business analysis and managing stakeholder teams. The role will have highvisibility and accountability with business partners including academic and community division hospitals, JHMMC, Office of Real Estate, Office of Integration, and clinical departments. This highly strategic role requires the ability to manage competing priorities in a dynamic environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- As a trusted advisor to the Senior Director, Strategic Initiatives for the OJHP, the role requires exceptional communication skills matched with demonstrated integrity, self-motivation, analytical skills and emotional intelligence. The position oversees strategic objective performance, ambulatory strategic planning, and financial and budgeting process for JHHS units organized under OJHP
- Oversee OJHP strategic initiativesassociated with JHM annual strategic objectives
- Serves as OJHP lead on ambulatory strategic planning and implementation
- Represents the OJHP on new initiatives such as service lines and FQHC
- Initiates and directs short and long range program planning, including development of new programs
- Evaluates existing programs for effectiveness and value; makes recommendations for improvement and/or modifications
- Proactively identifies emerging issues by researching “best practices”, and develops recommendations for new business initiatives
- Develops physician alignment action plans by partnering with the Senior Medical Director for Community Care
MBA/MHA, and minimum of 7 years of progressive management experience with demonstrated record of related accomplishments.
Related health care administration experience.
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Must possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills, and emotional intelligence as demonstrated by a personal style which facilitates collaborative relationships
- Must be comfortable working in a highly matrixed environment
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and must be highly motivated, productive, and results oriented
- Will demonstrate relevant analytical and decision-making managerial skills